Monday, April 12, 2010

Lovely Blooming Trees

I have been enjoying the beautiful spring blossoms on the trees. Even all that pollen can't spoil the beauty of all those flowers. As I was driving down I95 last week, I thought of the Lovely as a Tree set and wondered if I could create a spring card with the cotton swab technique that we used for the Autumn trees.


This is what I came up with. It is very Clean & Simple.



It's not as pretty as the real thing but as Joyce Kilmer wrote, "Only God can make a tree".

This one doesn't have any pollen.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree
Paper: Whisper White, Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose
Acc.: Big Shot, Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate, Cotton Swabs

Hope you are having a beautiful Spring day.
Bonnie

2 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Love the simplicity and the embossed background. And I especially love that it's pollen free! LOL Had enough of that for the moment, but, you are right, it can't dampen the beauty of spring. :)

Cindy Beach said...

Bonnie, this card is beautiful! Love the fresh color palette - the technique gives a new look for this set!
Thanks so much for your kind comments.