Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Vintage Color Challenge

Here is the card I did for the Color Challenge this week to use Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise and Soft Suede. Many of you know that Soft Suede is not a favorite of mine. Why I ended up using it as the main card, I still don't understand! Sometimes these cards seem to come together with a mind of their own! All I know is, I tried several combinations and this one seemed the most pleasing to my eye. I stamped the Suede with VersaMark and the Sanded stamp to jazz that Suede up a bit.

I inked the swirly stamp from the Vintage Vogue with markers so I could use 2 colors. The big flower is stamped on a Sending Love Notes; Kisses label with Tempting Turquoise and the small flower in the center was inked with Certainly Celery and thumped with the Turquoise. (I actually thumped with a cotton swab to get a softer blend.) The mat behind the Love Note is a piece of Celery cut just a little bigger.

The ribbon doesn't show up very well but I just knotted each piece and wrapped them around the panel.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Whimsical Words, Sanded
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: VersaMark, Tempting Turquoise, Soft Suede, Certainly Celery and Tempting Turquoise Markers
Acc.: Sending Love Notes; Kisses, Certainly Celery narrow grosgrain ribbon, Circle Ice Rhinestone Brad, Corner Rounder Punch, Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit

I hope you have had a wonderful day and got to play a little.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Love all the little details you put into your designs. :) And the celery & turquoise really pop against the suede. tfs!