Monday, June 14, 2010

Hummer Birthday

Hi stampin' friends. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and a good start to this week. I did. I got some ink on my fingers too!

I needed a birthday card for a friend and today's CAS challenge, Things that Fly, was the perfect opportunity to get one ready for her.

I painted the design with the Aquapainters and re-inker. I'm still not real confident with the watercoloring, but I'm more comfortable with it all the time. Practice will make perfect!

I used my Nestabilities to cut the design pieces. I trimmed the green one down to make it fit better.

The green is Wild Wasabi which is one of the new core colors. It was an In Color a couple of years ago and has been my favorite shade of green. I'm so happy that it is coming back.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Spring Song (Retiring June 30), Watercolor Trio (Summer mini until August 31)
Paper: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Shimmery White
Ink: StazOn, & Basic Black ink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Old Olive, Garden Green re-inkers
Acc.: Aquapainters, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, Labels 3 Nestabilities (non SU), Large Oval & Designer Label Punches, White Taffeta Ribbon

I received my new catalog Friday and I've got to say, it's been my main reading since. Ooooh!!! I can't wait for you to see all the wonderful new things. I will get catalogs to my customers as soon as I get them. If you are not my customer, don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like a catalog, email me.

Meanwhile, don't forget to check the Last Chance List. Don't miss out on items on your wish list. When they're gone, they're gone.

I'll be back. I have more to share.
Bonnie

No comments: