Thursday, June 10, 2010

True Friend in Coral & Ruby

Hello Friends. Here is a card for this weeks Sketch Challenge. I used the colors from the Color Challenge again too (Turquoise, Coral & Ruby Red).

I love this little spray of flowers. It reminds me of the counted cross stitch samplers I used to do. I inked up the stamp with markers then spritzed a little water. I've tried this before and always got too much water and my design was lost. I had some pretty colors, but not what I was looking for. This time, I spritzed water and passed the stamp through the spray. I like the look much better. It just softens the colors a bit.

Sadly this stamp set and the Cameo Coral and Ruby Red will only be available for less than 3 weeks. I have just recently discovered that I love this color combination. Oh well, I guess there are more discoveries to make!

Card Recipe
Stamps: True Friend
Paper: Naturals White, Whisper White, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Ruby Red, Raspberry Tart DSP

Ink: Cameo Coral, Ruby Red & Old Olive SU Markers
Acc.: Big Shot, Ovals Originals Die, Whacked Finial Press Embossing Folder, Black Satin Ribbon

Hope today has been a good one for you. I appreciate your visits and comments. They make my day.
Bonnie

No comments: