Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wreath of Welcome

Hi fellow stampers. Have you ever had a card that just wouldn't go together to suit you? I doubt I'm the only one. Well this is one of them. I did this card for the CAS challenge this week to use Miss Boo's signature colors; Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery & Pumpkin Pie.

I went through that UFO box looking for something I could use for the challenge. I had done this wreath in Celery several years ago. I actually had 2 of them in there. It was made from an old Stampin' Up! set called All Season Wreath. It has a copyright date of 1997 so you can see how old it is. Just goes to show you how well these stamps hold up!

I used the Pumpkin Pie marker to color the berries on the wreath and painted the bow in Bashful Blue. I actually stamped another bow, cut it out and added it for a little dimension.

The Celery strips were embossed with the whacked Finial Press embossing folder. I love that little swirl strip. It adds a lot without being too fussy.

Card Recipe (card is 5 1/2" square)
Stamps: All Season Wreath
Paper: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Acc.: Pumpkin Pie & Bashful Blue Markers, Big Shot, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Border Punch

I'm not going to point out the flaws in this card to you. I think you will find them quite readily.

Using only pieces from the UFO box is a real challenge.

In fact the next post will be of a card that has all new parts. It was fun too!

You ought to see my stamp room. There are stamps and stuff all over the place. I guess I'd better go clean it up. Luke has discovered the room and so far the most interesting thing he found was a pencil. He left me a love note on my scratch paper. I'm trying to keep him from knowing about all the good stuff in there....at least for a couple of years.

Hope you had a wonderful day. I'll be back.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm - can't find any flaws Bonnie and I'm trying very hard! Isn't it funny how you can be a bit 'blergh' about a card, but other people really like it? and I love this card! The colours are not that easy but you've made them work really well together with a nice balance. Love that swirl embossed strip. x