Saturday, September 4, 2010

Birds of a Feather

I really intended to get to this earlier in the day. The days just speed by! And I had an invitation to lunch and shopping from my youngest daughter. It was fun and relaxing. We see each other several times a week, but rarely get a chance to really talk. Today was a special time with her.

I had this weeks Sketch Challenge from SCS on my work table and when I saw the Free for All Challenge yesterday, I thought I would try to combine them. The Free for All is to do anything to do with birds and as an added challenge to use a color we don't use.

I love the pheasant from Autumn Days so I decided to use him. He looked kind of lonely so I masked him and stamped another without re-inking. I think I should have stamped her a bit higher, but she'll do. Then I masked both birds and stamped the wheat (So Saffron) and berries (Crumb Cake). I used an eyeshadow sponge with Bashful Blue & So Saffron ink to sponge in the background. The birds are colored with a blender pen and ink.

I stamped the birds in Soft Suede. It's the color I don't use. I never liked it because it reminds me of what we find in Luke's diaper. Ugh! However, now that we don't have Close to Cocoa, I think I am going to have to use this ink more. I also used this unattractive color to do a narrow mat around all the elements.

The leaves are stamped in Cajun Craze on Cajun Craze & I stamped the Sanded background stamp on Bashful Blue with Sahara Sand ink.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Autumn Days, Sanded
Ink: Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Garden Green, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, Cajun Craze, Watercolor
Acc.: Gold Brads, Mat Pack & Paper Piercer

Hope you get a chance to stamp this weekend. Inky fingers are the best!
Bonnie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh your comment about Soft Suede card and Luke's nappies cracked me up!! Your pheasant card is beautiful though, and I have to say that the brown card really sets it off perfectly. I love the effects you've got with the masking. I'm a bit of a fan of brown actually - maybe that will change if I get grandchildren!!

Pati said...

I had to LOL when I read your reason for not using Soft Suede. Too funny : ) I love the colors you used and the pheasant stamp.