Thursday, September 23, 2010

Double Challenge


I think I did pretty good getting 2 challenges in one card.  I am totally amazed at the number of challenges some of my blogging friends can get with one card!  I'm not even sure how to find all those challenges!



I pretty much stay with the SCS challenges and that's where these came from.  The layout is from the Sketch Challenge this week.  Today's Ways to Use It Challenge is to get a Holiday Headstart.  Julia says it can be any upcoming Holiday.

I had been neglecting my UFO (UnFinished Objects) box except to add to it!  Sketches are often a good way to use some of those stamped images.  I found this Mum that I had painted long ago.  Since it was a little bit too wide for the long narrow piece, I cut around it cutting out some of the design on one edge instead of squaring it off.  I've seen some beautiful pieces done with the technique.  I'm not sure I did it right, but it seems to work.

Of course all these sets of stamps are old and retired.

I like the Clean & Simple style of cards and in order to do that with these sketches, I use texture instead of color.  I love my Big Shot!

I did do some sponging since the Watercolor paper & the card stock were different shades.  That seems to be a good way to make things blend together.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Still Life Stems, Holidays & Wishes, Bird on a Branch (dots)
Ink:  Black StazOn, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Pumpking Pie, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Watercolor, Cajun Craze
Accessories:  Blender Pen, Corner Rounder, Pumpkin Pie brad, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Stampin' Sponges

What's in your UFO box?

Enjoy your blessings.
Bonnie

2 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Way to knock off two challenges, Bonnie!! I still love your UFO box. Wish I had one!!! Maybe if I start a box, then UFOs would start showing up in it . . .

Sarah Coggins said...

I like how you cut out the mum! Looks beautiful from here. And the UFO box made me laugh - I have one of those. :)