Sunday, January 30, 2011

CASEing Tillymint

This card is for all of you who visit my blog and SCS gallery.  Sharing my cards with you brings so much more happiness than just creating them.

I had a little time this morning and I checked out the Featured Stamper at SCS.  This week the honors go to Tillymint (aka Sue).  I would like to CASE several of her cards if only I had the time!  What an enjoyable gallery.  I chose this card to CASE first.

Here is what I came up with......



I really didn't change much.

I loved the single pink flower in Sue's card so I stayed with that although I used a different flower and mine is stamped then watercolored.  (This time I colored with a blender pen and ink. Much more control that way!)  I did use a narrow mat behind my image and another scrap of white behind that instead of scoring.

I used another piece of the stiff insert from DSP as a card base.  It is a better match to the shimmery white that I stamped and colored on. I punched the same lacy edge as Sue did and changed the sentiment.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Happiness Shared
Ink:  Black StazOn, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Shimmery White, Melon Mambo
Accessories:  Eyelet Border Punch

I'm off to celebrate our Emmy's 2nd birthday.  My but time flies!  Here she is at 2.


She's already starting to look like a big girl!

Enjoy,
Bonnie

7 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Bonnie,
OM word, look at this sweet little face........how lucky you are!

You chose to CASE one of my favourite cards........Thank you so much. I love your version with the double mat and your watercoloured flower is beautiful. :)

Doris said...

Very pretty! The sentiment is just right for that card, too.

Bev Gerard said...

Love your CAS card! Sooooo lovely!

I know just what you mean ... 2 doesn't "sound" very old, but it sure is progress past when we snuggled them in our tight little blankie bundles! Darling indeed.

Joanne Travis said...

What a lovely card design, so clean and pretty.
Happy Birthday to Emmy, she is adorable!

I tried to join your blog followers a few days ago but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Glad it worked this time, it must have been a temporary glitch.
Have a great day, Bonnie!

Benzi said...

Your card is so pretty...beautiful image. And, what a 2 yr. old sweetie! Precious, and they do grow so fast. I spent time this weekend with my two yr. old and 5 month old grandbabies. What a sweet experience.

Emily Keaton said...

What a beautiful CAS layout, Bonnie!! I love that edge punch. It makes this look so elegant! I hope you had fun celebrating your sweet Emmy's birthday. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bonnie, what a spot-on CASE of Tillymint's card! I love yours better, actually. ;D Love the extra matting behind the image.

And what a sweet little pic of Emmy. She is 'two' cute!