Saturday, January 22, 2011

Greenhouse Poppy

Happy weekend, Stamping Friends. 

I've got a couple of cards  that I made this week that I would like to share with you.


This is the card I did for the ColorQ 68 Challenge



Isn't that plate gorgeous?

I just got my Greenhouse Garden set back from my DD and thought it would be perfect for this challenge.  Could it be that this flower is almost identical to the one on the plate?  Not very imaginative I know, but why mess with something this nice?

I stamped the full flower in Poppy Parade on Whisper White then did the outline in Cherry Cobbler.  I used Artichoke for the stem and a So Saffron Marker to color the center of the flower.

Then to simulate watercoloring, I used the Aqua Painter and a drop of So Saffron re-inker to do a soft outline around the flower.

Once everything was dry, I used the BIG GUY and the Square Lattice Embossing Folder on the whole piece.

Simple layering with a  bit of So Saffron grosgrain ribbon finished the card front.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Greenhouse Garden
Ink:  Poppy Parade, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke
Paper:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF

Enjoy,
Bonnie

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

I think your kind is VERY imaginative! Sometimes I like to use the inspiration literally and sometimes not. PERFECT for the challenge, thanks for playing--I love it!

Sylvia said...

Such a lovely card, Bonnie! thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge again this week!

Emily Keaton said...

How beautiful, Bonnie! I love your CAS take on this pretty color challenge. Your ribbon treatment is just perfect. :)

Ellen said...

That is a GREAT card - love the simplicity of the layout, coupled with texture and layers. And the ribbon looks perfect!