Monday, January 17, 2011

Punched Blossom Petals

Hello Stampin' Friends.  I hope you had a great weekend and that it was a long one for most of you.  Maybe you had some extra time to get some stamping in!


This is a card I made at Stamp & Share on Saturday.  I wanted to try out my new Blossom Petals punch.  First I stamped some scrap cardstock with Elements of style in So Saffron ink and punched the medium petal several times.  Using my bone folder, I curved the petals a bit.  I punched a 3/4" circle to adhere the ends of the petals to and stuck them all down.

I didn't particularly like it!  But somehow it got flipped over and I liked the Vanilla side better.  I thought it looked like a Lotus flower, but I've never really seen a Lotus flower.  My friend said it looked like a Dahlia to her.  So we're calling it a Dahlia!  Oh, the 3/4" circle on the top of the flower was punched from an embossed scrap of So Saffron.

The colors are from the Color Dare 92 challenge to use Poppy Parade, So Saffron & Very Vanilla.

The layout is from the clean&simple blog FTL123.  I chose not to put a sentiment on it yet.  I'll wait and see what occasion it will be going for.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  None at all
Ink:  So Saffron on the back of the flower (does that count?)
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Poppy Parade, So Saffron
Accessories:  Blossom Petals Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Poppy Parade Ribbon

I did find out that when using the Blossom Petals Punch, it works better to punch narrow strips to minimize waste.

I did another card with these colors that I like much better.  After I drop this off at the Clean&Simple blog, I'll come back and share the other one.

Enjoy,
Bonnie