Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cheers

The Less is More Ladies really stumped me this week.  The challenge is

COCKTAIL
You may interpret this however you wish... your favourite tipple, the colours of a cocktail or a simply cocktail of colours. Let your imagination run with this one, it will be interesting to see how imaginative you can be.


As I said before, I was stumped! I don't own a stamp with anything resembling a cocktail.  My favorite cocktail is a glass of red wine.  I thought about doing a card in Cherry Cobbler since that seems to be the closest to my cocktail of choice.

Then I saw my blogging friend Vicky's card for this challenge and an idea was born.

I used the dreaded acetate.  Remember the week we were challenged to do a card with acetate?  I don't know why I saved a little piece, but I did.  I used the Extra Large Oval Punch for the cup and the Small Oval Punch (retired) for the base.  A strip cut for the stem finished the glass.

Then I punched some red Glimmer Paper with the Extra Large Punch for the wine.  I love the way it sparkles!

I used the Simply Scored to score some lines to imitate a table to set the glass on.  My lattice work needs some practice.  I'll have to work on that.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Wonderful Words (retired)
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Acetate, Red Glimmer Paper
Other:  Large and Extra Large Oval Punches, Simply Scored

Now for that cocktail.

Cheers!
 


13 comments:

Benzi said...

OMG, Bonnie...what a great way to use the acetate and your punch. And, those score lines for the table are so clever. Super job.

Emily Keaton said...

This is SO creative and clever, Bonnie!! Your glass of wine looks ultra refreshing. :)

Cynthia said...

Ha ha ha! =D I love how you used the Dreaded Acetate! Seriously cool card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bravo! I love your creativity shining through (the glass!) on this one, Bonnie.

Jenni's Jems said...

Really clever idea and great card x

Mandi said...

That's a superb glass Bonnie
That Celebrate stamp works perfectly
Thank yoiu
Mandi LIM

Vicky Hayes said...

What an inventive way to use acetate Bonnie! I love your glass with the sparkly red wine inside and the scored table is brilliant too!

Chrissie said...

I'm SO impressed at you dragging out the acetate Bonnie... it looks really effective here... I could just take a sip except I'm drinking coffee at the moment.
Great job!
Thanks so much!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Great job on think out of the box!! Fab job on this card, Bonnie!

Jenny said...

It's amazing how creative this challenge makes you become, your red wine looks fabulous. A very stylish card :)
Jenny x

Lesley said...

brilliant card and so ingenous best wishes Lesley x

G Peplow said...

Hi Bonnie, Well done, so inventive, love your card, Gay xx

Shirley said...

How totally creative and how much fun too! I love your whole creation!