Thursday, October 6, 2011

Color of My Eyes

This week's Less is More challenge is

THE COLOUR OF YOUR EYES

I'd say to guess what color, but I've been having some trouble guessing.  Sometimes the colors don't show true on my computer. So I'll tell you.  My eyes are brown. 
   
       Dark brown. 
       
                 Chocolate and Espresso brown.
 

I remember seeing this little flower from the Inspired by Nature set stamped in brown.  I'm not sure who to credit the idea to.  It was a long time ago. But the idea seems to have stuck in my mind.

I used a scrap of Watercolor paper and inked the flower with my Chocolate Chip SU Marker and stamped it.  I filled in the center of the bloom with Early Espresso. Stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso and used scraps from my brown bag to mat the design with a ribbon loop peeking out.

I was having a bit of an off balance day and kind of liked the layers akimbo.  What do you think?

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Inspired by Nature
Ink:  SU Markers (Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso)
Paper:  Watercolor, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso
Other:  Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon

I'm so glad you stopped by to visit.  I've been enjoying your comments and creations.

Enjoy!
 

 

20 comments:

Jayne A said...

beautiful card. I really love the composition.

Jayne
x

Cynthia said...

I like the layers, Bonnie. And I love the color choice too!

Susie said...

Gorgeous card. Very classy.

G Peplow said...

Hi Bonnie, Your card is brilliant, really classy. The layers being askew are perfect, in my humble opinion:0) Thank you for your kind words Bonnie, you cheered me up today:0) Have fun :0) Gay xxx

Emily Keaton said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie! I love those shades of brown, and the tilted panel looks great. :) Have a super evening!

Pauline said...

What a wonderful card. It could be used for lots of occassion. I like how you layered the flower.

Deb said...

stunning card Bonnie, love the stamps!
have a great day, Debxx

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful CAS design! Love how you have angled the DP!

Anonymous said...

I love the off balance look and especially the brown tonings. Beautiful card Bonnie.

Chrissie said...

This is as 'Klassy' as ever Bonnie... a really super card, I love that flower and akimbo works for me!
Thanks once more for a superb submission!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Joyce across the Pond said...

Absolutely perfect! I just love the off set layer...that just gives the whole card something else. Love the ribbon on the side to balance the off set layer and the font you chose is just perfect too.
Love it all.

Vicky Hayes said...

This beautiful image looks so elegant stamped in brown.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Beautiful card Bonnie! The layers and the composition are fab.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sue said...

A very elegant looking card Bonnie. Sue.x

Carol said...

Another gorgeous card, Bonnie! Love the simplicity and elegant-ness of this one!

Jenny said...

Love the skewed layers Bonnie and that's such a rich brown too, fabulous card :)
Jenny x

Mandi said...

Fantastic card as ever Bonnie
Thank you
Mandi LIM

Mary Marsh said...

very pretty cas card Bonnie-love espresso brown it's such a rich color

Colleen Dietrich said...

I agree with most of the commenters above me; those skewed panels work well for this simple, lovely card!

Benzi said...

Bonnie, I think your skewed panels are just great. Lovely card!