Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Promise Me Pink Tulips

Hello, my friends and welcome.

The tulips are pretty much gone by here
but they still flourish in the studio.


I've had this stamp for a while and love it.  When I saw there was a die
to match, I bought it.  Then it sat in the NBUS box for a year or so.

I'm glad I finally got it out.  It works so well with the stamp!

First I die cut the tulips from a piece of mixed media paper cut
quite a bit larger than the die.

Once I had the cutout, I placed the out cut in my MISTI, laid the
stamp into the out cut, and closed the MISTI to set the stamp.

Then I placed the die cut into the out cut piece and it
stamped perfectly.

Sorry if my explanation isn't very clear.  Here's a tutorial on
Splitcoaststampers that may help.

I stamped on my die cut and used a water brush to move the
ink around.  Then stamped again to get the details back.

I have to admit that the stamped and die cut piece got shuffled around
on my work space for a week or two.

When I found this heat embossed script piece, I found a home 
for the die cut.

A little sponging with a damp baby wipe over the embossing
made a nice soft background for the pastel tulips.

A couple of stacked layers of the die cut sentiment and sequins to
balance the design and my table was a little neater!


Penny Black Saturday Challenge: Anything Goes or Spring Flowers 

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Promise Me (PB), French Script (Darkroom Door)
Ink:   Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw (DI), Whisper White (SU)
Paper:   Neena, Mixed Media
Other:  Promise Me II Die (PB), Hooray Die (PB), White EP (SU)


24 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie, love the tulips and the background is lovely. Your explanation for using the stamp and die is really clear - thanks. Great way of getting the stamp in exactly the right place. xx

Heather said...

So pretty. I love the yellow with text background. I don't think about varying my backgrounds enough.

Colleen said...

Oh, I love this tulip stamp and die...it makes a fabulous card Bonnie!! And your nice soft sponging over the script words makes such a lovely background! Heart Hugs, Collee

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty with the embossed script behind

Ina G said...

Oh Bonnie this card has turned out beautifully. Lovely background for those gorgeous tulips. Simply stunning.

JosieD said...

Softly beautiful card, Bonnie. Creative way to use the stamp and die. Like the embossed b'grd. sponged with a baby wipe...easy and soft look. Ahhh, captures spring!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with those lovely tulips. They look great over the embossed background. TFS

Susan said...

Tulips haven't even started blooming here yet! We're still on the early daffodils. Love the pink shading you got on the tulips - so pretty against the soft background.

Thought I'd let you know that the link to a SCS tutorial doesn't work.

jimlynn said...

We really don't see many tulips down this way I'm afraid but I love looking at them on your card! So beautiful.
Lynn

Nstiz said...

beautiful water coloring, Bonnie! Love that it does have a matching die too since fussy cutting is my nemesis. What an outstanding background you created for this with white script and sponging. Beautifully designed.

Loll said...

Beautiful Bonnie!! Love the gorgeous spring tulips ... looks amazing over the soft background with script. A baby wipe to add soft colour ... so clever, I need to try that! :) Always inspired by you, my friend. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the fine detail of the text and those lovely 3D tulips.
Faith
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That looks really cool die cut out. Very nice!

BożenA said...

This is one of the most beautiful of your cards, Bonnie! I love how you painted the flowers, using several stamping. Your technique is masterful. A beautiful background for this bouquet.
Hugs,
BożenA

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love this pretty pink tulip card, Bonnie! It brightens any receiver's heart. Your watercoloring with distress inks is so beautiful! I love the way you treated the subtle script background with a damp baby wipe. And a great choice for the color (white) and the angle of the layered die-cut sentiment. Hideko xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beauty Bonnie - I will be planting my new tulips soon :-), so give them 3-4 months and I will be enjoying them IRL, in the meantime I will enjoy these beauties.
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Bonnie! Your tulips are colored so perfectly and look amazing with that soft scripted background! I've got tulip leaves just starting to come up and more snow predicted for this weekend...will Spring ever come to Michigan?! Guess I'll have to enjoy indoor tulips like yours!! :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous trio of tulips, Bonnie! Pretty background wash too!!

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely beautiful. The tulips are so pretty, love the delicate wash over the heat embossing and stamping and the white die cut sentiment finishes your stunning card off fabulously x

Trina P. said...

Another soft and pretty springlike card. The process sounds a little labour intensive, but the result is beautiful! Love the script background and the placement of your white stacked sentiment. xx

Jo said...

Spring tulips to enjoy, and I am loving the softness of the coloured die cut flowers. You're sponged script background truly emphasize on the bouquet. Another beauty xx

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely...the white embossing is such a pretty touch and makes your flower shine!
Thanks for sharing you wonderful inspiration with us for our April Penny Black Saturday Challenge ! ♥ Sue Kment

Ger said...

Beautiful card, lovely soft effect! Thankyou for joining us this month at Penny Black Saturday Challenge. Ger x

My Paper Epiphany said...

So stunning! The script in the background is gorgeous and I love the tulips! Thanks for joining us at the PBSC:)