Friday, October 18, 2019

A Sweet Twofer

Hello there.  How are you this fine Fall day?

I have a twofer to share with you today.


These cards have been repurposed from this card my dear friend Nance gave me a year or
maybe two ago.  I had tucked it away but never forgotten it.  So I asked her if she would
mind if I used some elements from it to repurpose it.  She told me to go for it.

When I saw Darnell's Twofer Challenge this month, these candy apples
popped into my mind.

First I have a Halloween card.

I was able to pop the front two apples off without destroying them.
I moved one over a bit and found a piece of cardstock that matched the teal dots
in that dotty apple.  The gold foil really looks like caramel.  Yum!


The third apple works as a toadstool for this sweet gnome to rest under
as he thinks of his favorite thoughts.

Can  you see the glitter in the polka dots?

I stamped this little guy, trying not to stamp his hands and the swing
he was sitting on.  After several tries, I decided that wasn't going to happen.
I used my new Arteza Twimakers to add some watercolor to the gnome and fussy cut him out.

Nance gave me this gnome stamp too.

The background was a watercolor piece from my stash.
I added some darker green to the bottom and stamped a bit of grass.

I think I'll send at least one of these back to Nance.

It's the card that keeps on giving.




Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Spooky Sentiments (Amy R)
Ink:   Whisper White (oops)
Paper:   Neenah, Textured Teal (?)
Other:  Apple Die Cut (Paper Sweeties), Goo Die (Your Next Stamp), Oxford EF (Cuttlebug), Gold EP

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Gnome on a Swing (Stamping Bella), Friendship Messages (SSS), Foliage Set (Art Imp.)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah, Mixed Media
Other:  Black EP, Stitched Arch STAX Die (MFT), Apple Die (Paper Sweeties), Goo Die (Your Next Stamp), Arteza Twimarkers (A207 Forest Green, A221 Moss Green, A219 Cloudy Gray, A239 Ballerina Pink)  Loving these markers !!!


21 comments:

Pat said...

What a great idea to do a bit of upcycling using these apples from Nance's card and so pretty in the patterned paper and green and with the dripping 'foil' caramel, and turned up the other way with that cute gnome on the second it makes a marvellous toadstool. Two fabulous cards Bonnie. x

jimlynn said...

The foil really does look like caramel! WoW! Both are so pretty. Love the little gnome guy too!
Lynn

Sandy said...

Oh Yum!!!!
Sandy xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What clever up-cycling of the apples Bonnie - love the gnome home in particular, that is an ingenious use of the die cut.
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE both these cards Bonnie and what a great way to repurpose a card! The Halloween card is definitely a treat and I'm loving the dripping caramel on both apples...makes me hungry for one too! And the 2nd card is just as sweet as can be with the little gnome sitting under the "toadstool"...love it! Two FABULOUS cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

What great, fun cards these are. I love the apples and that gnome is adorable.

Darnell said...

What a great idea to send one of these delicious designs back to Nance, Bon! I love the whole idea of that and how you used her candied apples for your cards! The foil caramel and shiny sediment and mat really make it ooey-gooey wonderful! And your sweet gnome thinking friendship thoughts is just adorable, yet gorgeous, too, with your layout and your watercolor background! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #21! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Those candied apples are ADORABLE! What a fantastic card Nance sent you and a great way to repurpose them into two SWEET cards. :) xx

Mac Mable said...

You have brought a smile to my face Bonnie. Such fun cards and love the dripping carmel and the glitter on the dots x. Yes Nance sure does deserve one of these x.

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie, that gnome is adorable. I think I'm going shopping.
your candied apple looks delicious :)

HilaryJane said...

These are both such good cards and how clever to re-use them. A second chance to enjoy those lovely toffee apples xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I had a good chuckle with the candied apple turned into a toadstool, Bonnie! Genius!!

oldpunca said...

I'm impressed about your sweet twofer. :-) It's amazing idea to turn caramelized apple into the tree. Great design on both of your cards.
Sonja

I Card Everyone said...

There are two words for these darlings: DEEEE licious!!! Okay, there may be only one thing I love more than caramel apples... gnomes! This guy is right at home sitting under that glittery toadstool, Bonnie!
TWO cute! lol xx
=]

JoAnn said...

Two fun cards. Love how you used the apple for the gnome's toadstool, so cute. TFS

Bobby said...

Recycling at its best, Bonnie. The apples are wonderful, especially the caramel topping, but turning one into a toadstool was inspired.

Kara Lynne said...

How fun to re-purpose those wonderful candy apples! The caramel looks so yummy, and I love the dotty pp. So clever to use it as a toad stool too! I love the texture you added to both of your cards. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Trina P. said...

How fun, Bonnie. The caramel apples look delicious. So creative of you to turn into a toadstool.

Vicky Hayes said...

How resourceful is this?! I love the idea of the card that keeps on giving and I love those candy apples/toadstools!

Anita in France said...

Those halloween apples are scrumptious, Bonnie, especially with the lickable 'caramel' coating ... and how fun to turn one into a shimmery toadstool for your cute little gnome ... he's adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

BożenA said...

The perfect entrance to the Twofer challenge. Yes, these apples look like caramel. In the second tab it is really a toadstool. I love this sweet gnome.
Hugs,
BozenA