Saturday, June 26, 2021

The Stockings Were Hung

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


A sweet friend sent me this fantastic stocking die.  It has six stockings.

I spent so much time paper piecing those stockings that I decided
they would do well separated and get more cards for all that labor.

The first card uses some of the decorative paper in my stash.
It was from the same set as the paper for the stockings.


The second fit into the aperture of this kraft piece in the UFO drawer.
The holly was a leftover too.


I'm still trying to perfect using the Glimmer Foil System and especially getting this
frame straight.  Fortune smiled on me and I managed to trim this frame
pretty evenly.  It turned out to be my favorite.

Challenges:
Rudolph Days - Anything Christmas
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - CARD 2 Tic Tac Toe (Liquid dots on holly, patterned paper & die cuts for stockings)

 
 




If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Thanks you to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
You sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah, Naturals White, Cherry Cobbler DP
Other:  Whimsical Christmas Die (Cheery Lynn Designs), Noel Die (ret. SU), Brick EF (TH)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Merry Up (PB)
Ink:   Cherry Cobbler
Paper:   Crumb Cake, Naturals White, Cherry Cobbler, DP
Other:  Whimsical Christmas Die (CLD), Holly Punch, Pine Branch Punch (MS), Brick EF (TH), Double Pierced Square Die (AE), Autumn Red Nuvo Crystal Drops

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah, Gold Glimmer (SU), DP
Other:  Whimsical Christmas Die (CLD)Glimmer Foil System (Spellbinders) Framed Details Glimmer Plate (Splbndr), Glimmer Foil (Splbndr), Tis the Season Die (Creative Expressions)

31 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Those are the cutest stockings ever, Bonnie! Love the papers you've chosen for them, and all the little Christmas vignettes for hanging! Especially this last one - 'tis the season, alright! Christmas is only 6 months away!
=]

JosieD said...

Such a clever way to use patterned paper. Very cheerful cards. I like how you used the patterned paper as a frame on card #1...sets it off so well.

JoAnn said...

Fantastic cards with all those cute stockings. I like how you used them to make 3 different and lovely cards. The last one is my favorite too. You did good with the Glimmer Foil Plate frame. TFS

Cindy C. said...

Wonderful projects, so fun to see all the different stockings. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge this month.

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards, Bonnie. what lovely stockings and I love your design and colour combo. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Bobby said...

What a whimsical array of stockings, Bonnie. They are so cute with your paper piecing and the card designs show them off well. Foiling is not something I do but the last card with the foil and single stocking really melts me.

Brenda said...

What fun cards Bonnie! I love those stockings, they are way to cute, fun papers too that you used. I have to agree with you in that I'm in love with card number 3, but all are fabulous and now you have added three more to the stash, way to go! Hugs,Brenda

Sandy said...

So many stockings - so little time! I love whimsical images and the "stocking were hung by the chimney with care" certainly is whimsical and I love your stockings full of love and whimsy!
Sandy xx

Loll said...

Sweet stocking cards Bonnie. Each one is a fantastic design. Great work on your foiling border ... so pretty! xx

Carol Cel said...

Love these!!

Carole said...

Fabulous cards with those so cute and quirky stockings. Clever foiling and yes I think that is my favourite..but they are all lovely! xx

Nstiz said...

I love all three of these Bonnie and I admit, those are some really cool stockings especially with your paper piecing and designer stack. Three very different designs too! Sadly the dies are no longer available since these look so fun to do!

Susan said...

Wonderful paper piecing, Bonnie. Definitely a great idea to get three cards from all that work. Love the first one with the border of dp and the way the stockings hang from the "noel". The second one is lovely with the frame of kraft cs and the addition of the greenery sprigs. And the third one is such a great CAS card - love the glimmer foil frame.

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie those stockings are adorable, and what a great way to make a few cards for your Christmas stash also a great way to use up some DP . Love the cards :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful trio of cards Bonnie - exquisitely pieced stockings and wonderfully used on these stunning cards.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

What a FUN die you used for the stockings Bonnie!! And they look awesome in all their paper pieced beautifullness (is that a word???)! And what a great idea to split them up and get 3 cards out of it!! LOVE them all!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

These stockings are so cute and using your pattern paper made them that much cuter. That was a great idea to make three cards and the designs are so clever.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this beautiful collection of cards Bonnie. Thanks you for taking part in the Rudolph Days challenge this month.

Sue xx

Arlene said...

These are all so cute! I do love the foiled card.

TK said...

Adorable stockings, and wonderful cards! Yay you for the patience of paper piecing

Leslie Miller said...

Dang, that is the cutest stocking die and what you did with the paper piecing makes them a thousand times cuter! I love all the cards. It's hard to pick a favorite, but many times the CAS ends up coming out on top.

Vicky Hayes said...

I like the way your mind works Bonnie - I would have done the same and split those stockings into several cards! Loving that pretty deco foil frame. Vicky x

Jenny L said...

Hi Bonnie,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh my those stockings are very fancy and lovely.
That was so kind of your friend.
Beautiful wonderful makes and such gorgeous designs too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

ElizStewart said...

Bonnie... Lovin all of your stocking creations!

scrappymo! said...

These are all lovely cards, Bonnie. I think the first is my fave as I love that design paper!

But the nest two are pretty special as well.

BożenA said...

:-)) What wonderful and such happy cards. These Christmas stockings look amazing in all these variations of colors and patterns. And I love the last card the most :-)
hugs,
BożenA

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful collection of cards! I especially love the patterned paper and embossed background! Thanks for joining us again at 52CCT & congrats on another win:)

Mac Mable said...

What fabulous cards and what amazing stockings. Well done you with the gold framing on your last wonderful card Bonnie x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

All these stockings are so cute, Bonnie! I still have the SU design paper too. You inspired to use it! You did a great job of paper piecing and glimmer foiling the frame. I often trim the cardstock so that the foiled frame looks straight. ;-P
Isn't the shine of foiling so beautiful? Love it!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

These are so fun and whimsical. You chose the perfect papers. Love the last card, too. I just got the TS foiling machine for my birthday, but have not had time to p,at with it yet. Plus, I need to buy some more foiling plates.

TracyB said...

Your creation is beautiful and I love your use of supplies. Thanks for playing along with my Tic Tac Toe challenge over at 52CCT. I hope that you will come and play along with us again soon.