Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Silver and Gold Snowflakes

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


The Peace on Earth Mood Board inspired me to get out my Glimmer plate and
a NBUS snowflake plate I bought last year and never used. 

This wasn't from my first attempt!  I really need to use this more often so
I'm familiar with the process.  I do find that tape is very helpful!

I cut small pieces of foil for each snowflake as they're all in a line and
taped each one.  When heated, I ran them through the Big Shot and was
finally rewarded with this panel.

I've mounted it on an envelope from my stash.  I believe a Hallmark card
came in it and it was too pretty to throw away.

The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed.

Challenges:
Krafty Chicks #608 - CAS week
NBUS #37 - Never Before Used Schtuff (I hope Glimmer Plates are included?)

 


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Christmas Wishes (Kaisercraft)
Ink:   Encore Gold
Paper:   Hammermill, Recycled Envelope
Other:  Glimmer Foil System, Sparkle Border Hot Foil Plate (Spl), Speckled Prism & Starburst Foils (Spl), Gold EP


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Lovely, foiled snowflakes, Bonnie! However, 'tis NOT the season - don't tempt it! lol
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Those snowflakes are GORGEOUS in the silver and gold foiling Bonnie, and I use tape every time I foil...my images would be all over the place if I didn't!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

Snowflakes are so pretty foiled up like that, Bonnie. I need to get more plates to foil. It's so popular right now that a lot of things are out of stock.

Brenda in IN said...

This is a gorgeous card. The snowflakes just shine. Much better on a card than in the yard!

Melanie Hungerford said...

How pretty, love your shiny gold and silver snowflakes (especially as opposed to cold and wet ones outside!) Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks!

Brenda said...

I love how this card came out Bonnie! I love the gold and silver, you did a great job getting this panel with the glimmer foil. I will have to try this design but with just plain silver and gold paper as I don't have a glimmer plate. lol Or maybe with my foil pens from Cricut. Anyway, it is a gorgeous card, but I am with Michele, "tis not the season" and don't tempt it as we might see snowflakes in the next couple of days! I shouldn't have looked at this post until the end of the week. lol Hugs, Brenda

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful quartet of foiled snowflakes, Bonnie - makes such a pretty border!!

Pat said...

These foiled snowflakes are gorgeous Bonnie, and love the slimline shape and great backed with the gold and with a gold embossed sentiment..a beautiful Christmas card. x

Cat Craig said...

Lovely glittery flakes, Bonnie. Perfect slimline.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card Bonnie.
Faith x

Leslie Miller said...

What I know about glimmer plates you could put in your eye, but I DO know that this is gorgeous! A really lovely slimline design!

Susan said...

Love the alternating gold and silver snowflakes - a wonderful take on our mood board. Thank you so much for joining us at Peace on Earth Challenge.

Nstiz said...

Love this! I'm so impressed with how perfectly you lined those snowflakes up! that would never happen here. Love the slim format too- always fun to do. This is gorgeous, Bonnie!

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Bonnie, I'm so impressed with your glimmer plate snowflakes. It's inspiring me to pull out mine ♥

Darlene said...

Oh Bonnie this is just GORGEOUS! What a fabulous take on our mood board! And I'm right there with ya ... I buy stuff then don't get around to using it for way too long ... forgetting what I'm supposed to do with it ... thank heavens for YouTube! LOL
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lisa Elton said...

I'll take your lovely foiled snowflakes over the real deal any day!

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully foiled! Thank you for sharing with us at The POE Christmas Challenge.

Viv said...

Gorgeous Bonnie!
I'll forgive you for mentioning Christmas as it's so Schparkly!!!!

HilaryJane said...

It's lovely, I know that sooner or later I am going to invest in a hot foiling machine xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I love it! And I love the little gnome in your previous post too. Than you for your kind wishes my friend... Have a lovely day

BożenA said...

The gilding from the gilding plate looks so amazing and I love the sparkle you managed to catch in the photo. What a beautiful winter card, Bonnie. Really elegant!
xx

Mac Mable said...

What an elegant and classy card. The foiling looks amazing Bonnie x.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful gold and silver foiled snowflakes Christmas card, Bonnie. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

Trina P. said...

So elegant. Love foiling!

Loll said...

Love your snowflake slimline card Bonnie! Beautiful and elegant! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous snowflake slimline card, Bonnie! The shine and sparkle of the snowflakes are just amazing! I especially love the color changing Speckled Prism!
Hideko xx