Saturday, February 11, 2023

Coral and Sage

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I've pulled out an old but well loved stamp for this card.


I inked the stamp with markers, stamped and pulled the color into the flowers
with a damp waterbrush.  I added some highlights and colored in the stems with
watercolor pencils.

Once the image was dry, I die cut the image added some embossing.  I've also added
a little texture to the coral background with another old and well loved item, 
the canvas, linen embossing plate.

I really love these colors!

Challenges:
Color Hues - Coral & Sage



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Pleasant Poppies (ret SU), Sending You Phrases (Creek Bank Creations)
Ink:   Calypso Coral (SU), Bundled Sage (DOX)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Calypso Coral, Black
Other:  Mini Slimline Double Stitched Die (Kat Scrappiness), Subtle EF (ret SU), Linen Canvas Impression Plate (PTI), Watercolor Pencils


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

27 comments:

Nstiz said...

Beautiful highlights in your painting and love that you embossed it so subtly. Those really are gorgeous colors too. Gorgeous card, Bonnie!

Marcia Hill said...

You've used the challenge colors just beautifully Bonnie...LOVE this!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, my goodness - I can't believe I didn't think of poppies! Bonnie, it takes me back to our Play date!
Gorgeous stamp. beautiful coloring. lOve the texture! and your design - WOW! seems like a shoo-in to me!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

A lovely card, great design and the color combination is so pretty.

HilaryJane said...

Love how you have coloured those poppies, they look stunning xx

Lisa Elton said...

Love the texture and simplicity, Bonnie! Pretty card!

Linda said...

Love this Bonnie. You watercoloring is always so amazing.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous color combo for your old and beautiful poppies, Bonnie. Love your layout too. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

Cat Craig said...

Love what you did with the colors, Bonnie.

Susan said...

Lovely soft colours, great layout. One of my favourite old SU stamps too!

Bobby said...

So pretty, Bonnie. Those flowers were perfect for the colors.

Karen said...

Poppies are the perfect choice for this color combination, and yours are just beautiful! Love that subtle background texture, too. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Stef Perry said...

Bonnie, those poppies remain one of my favorites and I so love how beautifully you colored them, plus the added embossing adds such a nice bit of texture! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous colour combo and I can see why those poppies are so well loved ♥

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie your design is so lovely. Those poppies are coloured so beautifully. I love the vertical sentiment! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Sue - said...

Very pretty Bonnie. The two colours go together so well!

Sandy said...

I know you must love color -- you always pick out the prettiest colors!
Sandy xx

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Great use of the challenge colors. Love those poppies.

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie. I can see why it's one of your favorites. I feel that we buy the stamps because we loved them and should continue to embrace what we love and if we don't then what is the point. Hmmmm...Maybe I should start a new challenge...Make Old New Again. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

Trina P. said...

So pretty. Beautiful job with this watercoloring technique.

Leslie Miller said...

These old poppies will always look good on a card, especially when colored so prettily. I love the embossing, too. It really provides a nice finish.

Pat said...

What a bright and pretty coral colour for the background and the gorgeous poppies which look great backed with the black card which makes them pop beautifully Bonnie, and the embossing looks great too.. a wonderful card! x

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely exquisite Bonnie - love it
Blessings
Maxine

TK said...

Beautiful flowers, and such a perfect mix for the amazing color challenge -- loving this challenge and all the cards I get to look at too! Your subtle background e/f is the cherry on top

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, you can never go wrong with a well loved stamp, not matter how old it is. I love the color combo and the added black gives that elegance to it. Makes your stamped panel pop as well. Hugs, Brenda

Papercraft Boutique said...

These poppies are so pretty with your coloring, Bonnie! The color matching coral panel and the 2 different subtle embossed textures are just so wonderful!
Hideko

BożenA said...

You wrote that you love these colors and I love this card! Stunning coloring technique. These poppies look like they are backlit by the sun. I can't stop admiring this card!
xx