Hi there. I'm so glad you stopped by!
In my quest for the dusty blue and brown that I was looking for at Color Hues, I
made several cards using a Penny Black Butterfly. I was really hung up on
that butterfly and not satisfied that it was what I wanted.
Here they are...
First I tried a piece of alcohol ink. It has some blue, brown and gold.
I stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne and clear embossed before fussy cutting.
It's okay.
Next I embossed with copper and colored with Ohuhu markers. Too dark so I tried
some splatters. Actually the splatters went well, but the blue was too dark for dusty blue.
of filling in with color and blending. Once it was dry, I patted it with VersaMark
and heat embossed with clear powder.
Then I gave up and made this card.
If you've stayed with me this long, I have another sort of butterfly to share from my garden.
It's a hummingbird moth. He was constantly moving so hard to get a photo.
I'd never seen one before, just pictures.
Card Recipe
Stamps: Butterfly Trio (PB), Blessings (PB), Praying for You (PTI)
Ink: Nocturne (VC), VersaMark, Warm Cocoa (GKD)
Paper: Warm Cocoa (GKD), Neenah Solar White, Powder (C9), Black
Other: Clear EP, Lindy's Midnight Copper EP, Ohuhu Markers, Cracked Large EF (TH), Stitched Circles (SSS)
If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.
To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.
Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!






No comments:
Post a Comment