Friday, September 11, 2026

In Full Bloom for Fall

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Today is a the anniversary of a sad and frightening day in our country.
Remembering those who lost their lives and those who survived the horrors.

On a more cheerful note....


This stamp has been in my NBUS box for too long.  I finally ordered the die set to
go with it and gave it a go.

I inked the stamp with Concord & 9th inks on watercolor paper and after stamping, 
did a bit of blending with a waterbrush.  After it dried, I used a watercolor pencil to
add a little detail, die cut and layered a couple of the flowers.

It was a perfect fit with the embossed Molded Frame.

The sentiment is from the same set.

A twofer....


Last month our Craft Group picked some flowers from Kim's pots and pounded them
into watercolor paper.  I have done a similar technique using the Big Shot.  In some ways 
this worked better.  It didn't seem to be as messy.  This was the best of the three that
I tried to do.  Kim suggested touching it up with fine line pens, pencils or markers.  I
used pencils and a very fine Micron pen.  After masking the flowers, I used one of
the stems from the above stamp set and went over it with a damp watercolor brush
to diffuse the color a bit.  It's all mounted on a smooshed watercolor base.

I hope you get some weekend craftiness!




Card Recipe
Stamps: In Full Bloom (PTI) 
Ink:   Buttercup, Pimento, Parsley, Rainforest (C9)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Watercolor (Altenew)
Other:  In Full Bloom dies (PTI), Molded Frame EF (SB), Buzzing Bumblebees dies (MB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I'm so delighted you ordered the dies for this set - seeing it IRL I cannot even fathom fussy-cutting this one! Such a gorgeous card and sweet sentiment! Thank you for starting this sad day on a sweet note. xx

Marcia Hill said...

Two bright and beautiful cards Bonnie...like starting my day off with sunshine! I love how your beautiful flowers in the 1st card fit that molded frame so perfectly...an awesome match! I've never heard of the smashing flowers technique, but I'm definitely intrigued after seeing your 2nd lovely, lovely card! Love the addition of the smooshed background too! Hugs & Happy Friday!! :0)

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie. Glad you got the die to match the flowers on the first card. They fit that Molded Frame perfectly. Love the colors too. I have never heard of the smashing flowers technique either but your card using it is lovely and the smooshed background is perfect with them. Have a great weekend. ((hugs))

Bobby said...

So glad that stamp came out of the NBUS box, Bonnie, because it made such a beautiful card. I'm intrigued by the smashed flowers. The line drawing added so much to them.

TK said...

Well, aren't we blessed! You took something gorgeous, a bit of sunshine and turned this day into something beautiful. Thank you for the remembrance, but also for sending some happy our way too