Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Flourishes


I've really been enjoying this Flourish Thinlits Die Set.

I pulled it out to use on some pieces left over from this card we recently did in class.



Both of these cards used Distress Markers.

For coloring the die cut flower on the first card, I swiped markers on 
a laminated sheet and picked up the ink with a Blender Pen.

The stamp for the class card was inked with the same SU Markers.

The little butterflies were die cut from some Inka Gold smoosh.

Since my die cuts and butterflies were cut from snippets, I can skip over to 
Pixies Snippet Playground
It's such a fun place to play and thank you Di for the wonderful plug for our 
CAS Mix Up challenge.

The Simon Says Monday Challenge is
ADD SOME TEXTURE
I've got texture with the dry embossing and die cuts.
I hope that's textured enough.

 
   Pixies Crafty Workshop



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Enjoy (PB)
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz (SU), SU Markers (Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Gathered Twigs)
Paper:  Heavy Weight Whisper White (SU), Daffodil Delight (SU)
Other:  Flourish Thinlits (SU), Stitched Mats Rectangles (Lil' Inkers), Flights of Fancy Die (Penny Black), Lattice EF (Darice), Inka Gold (Steel Blue, Platinum), 



18 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

These are just beautiful Bonnie my friend! Love the flourish on the first card and the layering and that flower is just stunning in the second. Then, there is that lovely textured background . . . perfect! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mac Mable said...

Such beautiful colours you've used on these very pretty cards x The texured bacgrounds look fabulous x

Barb said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie and such pretty colours. Barbxx

Greta said...

These are beautiful--love all the texture, Bonnie!

KT Fit Kitty said...

These are both so pretty! I love the embossing folder you used!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie. Love the colours along with all that glorious white space. The design and texture from your dry embossed backgrounds are awesome! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie this is gorgeous - love your colours and the die cuts are lovely
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both such GORGEOUS cards and so bright and cheerful.
Faith
x

Di said...

Love this Bonnie! So pretty with those die cuts and of course you used one of my favourite embossing folders too!

It was a pleasure to shout out about the CAS Mix Up challenge - it's a great idea you girls had!

Hugs

Di xx

TK said...

Beautiful! I think you did a marvelous job hitting the challenges spot on!

Susan said...

Two very sweet cards, Bonnie - love the die set and also the lattice embossing folder.

nancy littrell said...

Such beautiful and sweet textured cards Bonnie. I love your pretty marker colored and diecut flowers. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Bonnie - just love those bright butterflies!! Hope you're having a great summer!

Brenda said...

I'm apologizing for running behind here Bonnie. Both of your cards are gorgeous! Love the die cuts you used on the first one, the colors are so pretty too. Your second card has such a beautiful scene, love those butterflies die cut out of the smooshed inka gold, just stunning. I bet they shimmer in real life! And I love, love the black eyed susan! Hugs, Brenda

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I've had my eye on those flourishes. Someday they will be mine. These are gorgeous card!

Sandy said...

I don't think you could get any better than this - I really don't!
Sandy xx

Donna said...

These are pretty, Bonnie. Such lovely colours :)

Sue - said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie. Very cheerful colours.