Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Independence Day


I found this stamp on a 70% off shelf.

I stamped it on a snippet of Whisper White with Real Red ink.
The stripes didn't stamp well so I used a marker to color them in.

Markers are good for fixing up what stamps miss.

Then I stamped the flag again in Dapper Denim and cut out the square with the star.

I stamped the star again with Whisper White and heat embossed it, cut it out and 
popped it in the square.

I felt like it needed a little bit more so I punched a  couple of smaller stars 
(more snippets) and added them.

Popped it on some embossed stars and it's ready to go to 
a young man that is about to graduate from Naval Basic Training.

And to wish all my American friends a very
Happy Independence Day!

and I'll pop on over to
since I used some snippets.

and 
Using Stamping, Coloring with a Marker (stripes), Dry Embossing and Heat Embossing



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamp:  Stitched Flag (A Stamp in the Hand Co.)
Ink:  Real Red, Dapper Denim, Whisper White
Paper:  Dapper Denim, Whisper White (SU)
Other:  Lucky Stars EF, White EP (SU), Star Punch (retired SU), Confetti Stars Border Punch (SU)



22 comments:

Betty said...

happy 4th to you also Bonnie - great card!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great card Bonnie! Happy Independence Day to you! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a great stamp and card, love teh star embossing with it.
Faith
x
Happy Independence Day.

Mac Mable said...

Love all the attention to detail on this card. The layering on the blue and stars worked out fabulously. The most perfect and apt card for the gentleman graduating from Naval Basic Training and Happy 4th July x

LeAnne said...

LOVE this...it appeals to my patriotic, red-white-and blue-lovin' heart! Happy Fourth to you, my friend!

Loll said...

Beautifully done Bonnie. Great save with the markers. :) Happy 4th to you and yours. xx

MaryH said...

Happy 4th! Wow, what a buy with this sale stamp and what a wonderful holiday card. Love these stitches on the colorful flag, and adding in the extra stars was a perfect touch. Have a grand day! Hugs & TFS

kiwimeskreations said...

Striking patriotic card Bonnie - love that you have kept the image as the focal point by understating the background
Blessings
Maxine

scrappymo! said...

Happy belated 4th of July!

Doris said...

This would make a great birthday card for my husband whose birthday is today. I'll have to keep it in mind for next year. I especially like the starry background you used.

Donna said...

Lovely stamp, Bonnie.
I'm glad your markers played nice. I remember trying to touch up a stamp with a marker - only to find that it looked much darker - despite being the same brand/colour as the ink. Haven't dared try it again!!!
Hope you had a lovely day :)

JosieD said...

Turning a bargain stamp in to a great looking card with lots of extra touches -- creative!

JoAnn said...

Love your card. Hope you had a safe & Happy 4th.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a fun stitched flag card.

BożenA said...

Hi Bonnie,
is a beautiful patriotic card. I admire US citizens for how you celebrate national events. It's very touching.
hugs,
BozenA

Nstiz said...

What I love about this, is the fact that your flag image is so unique and unusual! Love the embossed background and the clean layout you created. Super card for the 4th!

Brenda said...

This is a perfect card for a young man that is graduating from Navel Basic Training! I love that stamp anyway, who doesn't love any flag stamps?! You are right, when you have matching markers to your inks, they can fix a mistake lickity split! We wouldn't have ever know that your stamp didn't stamp well. Nice save! Hugs, Brenda

Susan said...

Using the embossing folder is a great way to get all the extra stars in for your flag! Hope you had a good July 4th.

Di said...

Hope you had a lovely day Bonnie! And what a terrific card, I just love the rustic feel of the flag against the crisp white embossed stars!

Hugs

Di xx

Bobby said...

Wonderful, Bonnie. I'm glad you shared how you took a single stamp and made it two colors.

Sandy said...

Fantastic card!
sandy xx

Greta said...

Love what you did here, Bonnie--great 4th of July card!