Saturday, July 23, 2016

More and More Markers

A couple of weeks ago I went to a local stamp show with my friend Ruthann.

We found some really nice stamp sets at the Inky Antics booth.

Ruthann bought this one and when she came to visit the other day, she brought it to share with me.  She even left it so I could play some more.

For the first card, I inked the stamp with Distress Markers and stamped onto 
Mixed Media paper.  I used darker markers to add some shading and 
a Water Brush to smooth out the colors a bit.  Some spatters and dots 
with a white gel pen finished the design.
(Mixed Media used: Stamping, Watercoloring with markers, 
Dry Embossing with die, Splatter and Gel Pen.)


This time I used VersaMark ink to stamp the flower and heat embossed
with white embossing powder.  It wasn't the best technique for
this stamp.  I used Copic Markers to add color.

I spread the sentiment out by placing it in the MISTI and inking 
each section separately with a Distress Marker.
After stamping each section I cleaned the stamp really good and
made sure it was completely dry before moving to the next.
Usually I'm too impatient and ruin the whole thing.
(Mixed media used: Stamping, Heat Embossing, Copic Markers, Die Cut)

This time I decided to give my NBUS Distress Crayons a try.
I colored the stamp with yellow and green and used the water brush
to soften the color a bit before I stamped.  I liked that it left a richer
imprint to the flower.  I added some shading with Distress Markers.
(Mixed media used: Stamping, Watercolor Crayons, Distress Markers, Dry Embossing.)

I think I like the last one the best.

The challenge at CAS Mix Up closes tomorrow.
There are so many awesome entries in the gallery!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipes

1st card
Stamp: Brushed Calligraphy #2 (Inky Antics)
Ink: Gathered Twigs
Markers: Distress (Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Milled Lavender, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Gathered Twigs)
Paper: Solar White (Neena 110 lb.), Sweet Sugar Plum (SU), Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other: Waterbrush, Stitched Square Die (Lil' Inkers, White Gel Pen

2nd card
Stamp: Brushed Calligraphy #2 (Inky Antics)
Ink:  VersaMark
Markers:  Copic (Y15, Y18, E27, YG03, YG63), SU (Chocolate Chip)
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Whisper White (both SU), Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other:  White EP (SU), Stitched Mats Rectangles Die (Lil' Inkers)

3rd card
Stamp:  Brushed Calligraphy #2 (Inky Antics)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Markers:  Distress (Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Gathered Twigs)
Paper:  Solar White (Neena 110 lb.), Daffodil Delight (SU), Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other:  Distress Crayons (Brights: yellow, green), Waterbrush


23 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for showing us the different techniques. It's amazing how they can all look so different at the first step and how they are stamped, or heat embossed etc. Really beautiful set of cards, love the delicate stamp and the beautiful sentiments. gorgeous splattering too. A good friend you have there x

Sandy said...

Wonderful!
sandy xx

jimlynn said...

They're all so different yet all so beautiful! I love that sentiment and the font. Outstanding and gorgeous cards.
Lynn

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

All three are just stunning Bonnie, I don't think I could possibly choose a favourite! They all belong in frames! have a lovely Sunday! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

MaryH said...

I love EACH one of these, and what a versatile stamp this will be. You did a great job on each of the techniques, and on the copic one, that you thought wasn't as good a look, it really is! I think I like the DI crayons best (probably because I haven't used my crayons yet...so you're inspiring me). Loved the way you've done the spacing on the sentiment too. Each pretty posy is just as sunny & cheering as can be. TFS & Hugs

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful series of card Bonnie - love them all, as each one is pretty in it's own right.
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

What fun to see how different each card looks with using the same stamps. Makes me remember..."creativity has no limits". All such eye-catching cards...tried to pick and fave and couldn't. I like how the sentiments on your last 2 postings are the focal point along with the image. Inspires me to dig out those larger sentiments that I never know what to do with

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL cards and love the subtle differences in each. Lovely colours and sentiment.
Faith
x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS cards love the stamps and brilliant sentiment-fabulous colouring on them all with the different techniques-I was sent your way by Mary H
Carol x

Donna said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty :)
These are all so lovely. I like them all equally. X

Loll said...

That's a beautiful image that Ruthann bought ... and lucky got to play with. Great job showing three different marker techniques! Each one is so pretty and they are all so different with the finished look. Great job Bonnie! xx

Brenda said...

Oh my, I am loving this stamp too! All of your cards turned out beautifully Bonnie! And I love all the different markers you used. What I've seen done with the distress crayons so far I haven't liked, BUT I sure do love how you used them Bonnie! It gave such a vivid color to your bloom and leaves. I love how you went back in and shaded as well. But really, I love all 3 and love the sentiment! Hugs, Brenda

nancy littrell said...

I love all 3 cards Bonnie, but I think #3 is my favorite by just a smidge! Love the vibrant saturated colors from your crayons. TFS your borrowed flower and sentiment stamps. LOVE them! Hugs, nancy

Linda said...

Such beautiful cards, Bonnie.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Pretty pretty! Such happy splattery goodness!

Karen Davis said...

Bonnie what a gorgeous wee set of cards and a mini lesson to boot. I love the different effects you have achieved. The embossed flower is my favourite. I also love that gorgeous, uplifting sentiment.

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, I LOVE these! The use of that wonderful verse over the cheerful flower is fantastic! These look so fun to do too! All three are fantastic!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty mf...love the fresh feel of your cards.
hugs,
Karen

Pat said...

These are all delightful Bonnie and I can see why you were drawn to these stamps. I love all the variations of colour and the different mounts and embossing with dies to give love simple but elegant frames. Beautiful cards! x

Greta said...

I think I have that stamp buried in my collection--gotta go check as I really love all your cards, Bonnie! You're making me consider getting some of the Distress Crayons, too!

Colleen said...

Bonnie, these are amazing!! And a sweet friend bought me some distress crayons...today was the day to get them out and give them a try. I love your cards, you inspire me!!

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning, I love the stamps and your wonderful cards, Bonnie.

Hugs
Anke

Bobby said...

I was so enthralled with the sentiment I almost forgot to look at the flowers. I love how they're the same but different, Bonnie, and the layers of framing really show them off.