Thursday, February 15, 2018

Smiling Carnations on Canvas

Hi there.  I hope you are having a creative day!

At the end of this post you'll see why I'm smiling!


Just a quick reminder that there's still time to join in at
Where Joanna is our hostess this month.

I've chosen to use canvas for this card and my other choices of mixed media are
Stamping, Watercolor and Die Cuts

I stamped using Archival ink on a NBUS stamp that I found on a clearance shelf.

I stamped the circles that were in the set to fill in the flowers
but thought they weren't bright enough.

Some Real Red re-inker in my palette and a water brush took care of that.
The canvas took the watercolor beautifully.

This canvas was meant to use with an inkjet printer and has 
a light backing on it.  That may help to control the watercolor.

The domed die worked well for cutting the image.
Since the piece was shorter than the die, I cut the top than
lined up the bottom of the die with the bottom of the canvas and cut again.

I die cut the sentiment 3 times and stacked them for dimension
and added some tiny gems and a linen thread bow.

There are lots of videos for using canvas, cork and felt at
the CAS Mix Up Challenge site.  And the Design Team, as well as
our fabulous Guest Designer, Marianne (Marianne's Cards 'n Stuff),
have done some wonderful inspiration pieces over there!

I hope you'll join us with your fantastic creations.

The CAS Challenges have an exciting announcement!

Check it out here!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Carnations (Rubbernecker)
Ink:   Jet Black Archival (Ranger)
Paper:   Crumb Cake, Crumb Cake Texture, Basic Black (SU)
Other:  Canvas, Real Red Re-inker, Anytime Tags Die (LI), Heartfelt Die (PB), Linen Thread (SU)

20 comments:

Marianne said...

Such a delightful card, Bonnie. As you know, I intended to do some painting onto canvas, and your card makes me more determined to have a go at it.
Marianne x

Loll said...

Your beautiful and bright carnations make me smile! :) Love the results. I need to try painting on canvas. Love the design with the sweet tag. So excited about the announcement at the CAS Challenges! xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the stunning mix of textures Bonnie! And I love those pretty flowers and the technique you have used! Have a lovely evening my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful texture with your paper and canvas Bonnie - a pretty bouquet of blooms tied in twine framed in the arch! Julia xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful poppies on canvas, Bonnie! Perfect with the bitty string bow and the rich black sentiment!!

Jo said...

I adore the colour tones for this rich bouquet. It definitely made me "smile" :)
The twine bow, same colour as your panel, brings it all together. Those flowers were meant for the Real Red re-inker, love them. BEAUTIFUL!! xx

jimlynn said...

Love the texture and beauty of this Bonnie! So very lovely.
Also just had to go see why you were smiling - and now I'm smiling too! Fantastic and can't wait to hopefully join in on the fun.
LYnn

Mac Mable said...

Many layers of smiling in this post Bonnie x Love the tone of the card stock against the pop of red. Gorgeous card x

alexandra s.m. said...

It's a beauty Bonnie!
A true artistic creation!
xx

nancy littrell said...

I love how you used your die cut canvas piece for your beautifully colored flowers. Loving all the texture on your creative CAS designed card, my friend. TFS Hugs..

Ina G said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful Bonnie! Simply awesome colouring on canvas. Love your colour choice and nice touch with the bow and sentiment.

JosieD said...

The background textures with the simple, sweet flower image look so good together....such a nice contrast. Another interesting, great looking card!

Doris said...

This card is good reason to smile! Love the soft texture of the canvas and the rounded die you used for the rounded flower tops.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Truly amazing effect and so beautiful too.
Faith
x

Sandy said...

Bonnie - you ren't making "just cards" you are creating works of art! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Have you thought about having a store on Etsy?
sandy xx

MaryH said...

So much texture...and I love that this canvas took the w/coloring so well. The bright pop of color on the curved piece is wonderful. Also loving the rich texture of the background...looks very 'linen'. Marvelous stamping result with the bargain stamp too. TFS

Susan said...

Great texture from the canvas you stamped on and the textured crumb cake background piece! Love the colour combination and the beautiful flowers!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Very lovely card, Bonnie! The Crumb Cake Texture paper is perfect for the canvas background of the die-cut canvas! The bright red flowers pop among the neutral colors. I love how the canvas took the watercolor! Hideko xx

dnisme@blogspot.com said...

What a sweet carnation stamp and how you brought it to life! It's even better that it was a "rescued" from the clearance bin stamp. Painting the canvas was such a good idea. The bow and word die give such focus and dimension to the card. Lots of work for you, but fantastic results!

Trina P. said...

So pretty, Bonnie. Love the dome design and your beautiful watercolouring. I have never used canvas... in fact, I’ve never used any of the products for this month’s challenge. May need to visit the dollar store. 😂