Sunday, January 20, 2019

Pink and Gray Blossoms

Hello friends. I hope you're having a good weekend.

I have some flowers to brighten up your day.


The Flower Challenge is asking for pink and gray this month. So that
was my starting point.

And I wanted to enter the Stamplorations CAS Challenge this month.
I picked out a Stamplorations stamp that would work.  They have a color twist
of using burgundy, so I thought these flowers would be a good choice.

Craft Stampers Take It Make It Challenge is Anything Goes but must
have stamping.

I've stamped with gray ink and watercolored the flowers.  I used mainly pink
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and added some Burgundy that
I swiped from a Stampin' Up! marker on my palette and picked up
with my brush to add some depth to the flowers.

I was happy with the way it turned out and thought it looked best on a gray card base.

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment.  It took me longer to decide on a
sentiment than it did to paint the flowers!  Do you have that problem?

I cut the image around the frame and added to a slightly larger
piece of white cardstock.

I added some splatters of white paint.  I had some splots but was able
to blot them with the corner of a paper towel and cover the yucks with the Zigs.

The whole design piece has some foam behind it to pop it up.

 


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Blossoming (Stamplorations), Botanical Silhouettes (PTI)
Ink:   Smokey Gray (Versafine), Whisper White (SU)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 Series), Smoky Slate (SU)
Other:  Zig CCRBM (#26 Lt. Pink, #90 Gray), SU Marker (Bravo Burgundy), White Distress Paint, White EP (SU)


24 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful colours and fabulous colouring Bonnie. What a great stamped image and love the choice of the grey card stock and the wonderful splats x. Yes I take ages to decide on a sentiment....I think sometimes I should start with it first!!

Brenda in IN said...

Bonnie, this is so lovely. I like the gray c/s for this with the gray centers in the flowers. Beautiful coloring and splatters. I like the sentiment so you can use this card for anything and write your own note inside or stamp a get well or happy birthday sentiment.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Stunning card.
Faith
x

Liz said...

A gorgeous card, Bonnie. The grey card base sets off the beautiful flowers perfectly. xx

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful design Bonnie, love how you coloured the flowers.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful flowers. Your coloring looks perfect and they look great on the gray card. TFS

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Bonnie, WOW!! what a gorgeous card, those flowers are beautifully colored and the way you framed them showcases every one of them perfectly.
And about having a problem deciding on a sentiment.....at times I really go through a bunch of them from different stamp sets to find one that will fit.
Beautiful card, I'm so happy you shared it with us over at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, we hope you come back again soon.
XO
Maria.

Brenda said...

Oh my word, this is such a striking and stunning card Bonnie! I love the color combo, that pink/burgundy just pops off that grey base! I am totally in love with this card! Hugs, Brenda

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful floral image and colored to perfection I might add! Lovely, lovely card Bonnie and I really like the gray card base too...really makes those gorgeous flowers pop!! :0)

Trina P. said...

Striking and vibrant, Bonnie. Beautifully watercoloured. Great choice to use a gray base... it pops against it. Love the splatters, too. I’m slowly getting better at it I think. xx

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie. Using Zigs together with a marker added such depth to those flowers. I love the stitched embossed frame around the them. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.
PS: Sentiments are my most difficult part of cardmaking too.

BożenA said...

Hello Bonnie. This is real WOW! When I looked at the card I had the impression that it was working with alcohol ink and blender! The effect you have obtained with the help of watercolors is simply stunning. And colors match perfectly with each other, gray wonderfully conquers the burgundy of flowers. I love this card, happy one who gets it :-)
big hugs,
BożenA

Jeanne H said...

Yes! Your card did brighten my day. Love the coloring and pink and gray together. tfs

Loll said...

WOW! STUNNING card, my friend! Gorgeous watercolouring of your flowers. So perfect with the framing and gray card base. xx

Nstiz said...

Oh my gosh, Bonnie, you outdid yourself on this one. Your watercoloring is spectacular and I'm drawn to your amazing highlights on this. This is definitely a WOW card!

Darnell said...

So often pink and grays are soft and subtle, which is pretty, but I'm really enjoying how bold you made your blossoms, Bon-Bon, and the deep charcoal of your gray! It's spectacular!! Hugs, Dolly

Doris said...

Love the sentiment you chose--perfect for this design. The white splatters remind me of a first snowfall on the mums. I always forget to add them.

nancy littrell said...

Love your color combo of different shades of pink and dark grey, Bonnie. Your flowers have so much dimension and look so beautiful with the grey framing. A really stunning card. So pleased you joined us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge with the optional color twist:burgundy. Hugs..Nancy

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a stunner! There’s so much depth!

Linda said...

This really caught my eye Bonnie, the colours look amazing together and your flowers are coloured beautifully. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Crafty Humphreys said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge. Suz x

Jo said...

What a great colour combo, this is so elegant. There's a lot of detail on the framing of this beautifully coloured flower stamp. Lots of luminous reflexions, wow. A gorgeous NOTE! Hugs xx

cm said...

Echoing the others: your card is breath-taken-away gorgeous! Your watercolouring breathes stunning life into these blooms! Work of art! So thrilled you shared this gem in the STAMPlorations CAS gallery!
~carol