Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Baby Wipe Magic for CAS Mix Up

Hello friends.

There's still time to join in at
CAS Mix Up!


I'm hosting the challenge this month and this is what I chose....

There are a lot of ways to use baby wipes on cards.
We keep discovering new ones.
I used this technique from Kia's video tutorial.

I LOVE this technique.  It's like magic when you wipe it down.

I did learn that some photo paper doesn't work well,
but this HP worked like a dream!

I smooshed Distress Oxide on my craft sheet, spritzed with water and
dipped the glossy photo paper into the ink.

I used several colors, drying between each color, until I was 
happy with the coverage.

When the paper was colored and dry, I stamped the image, 
using the MISTI so I could stamp more than once if needed.

I let that dry REAL good and wiped it down with a baby wipe
and watched the magic happen.

I've used a die to emboss the edge and put the design image on foam.

My mixed media are Baby Wipe Technique, Stamping and  Dry Embossing with a Die.

I hope you'll try this or another of the baby wipe techniques.
There are video tutorials at CAS Mix Up.

I'm also linking up to the
ANYTHING GOES: OPTION CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  First Waltz, Birthday Love (PB)
Ink:  Distress Oxide Ink (Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberry, Peeled Paint, Wilted Violet), Jet Black StazOn
Paper: HP Glossy Photo Paper, Neenah (110 lb. Solar White)   
Other:  Baby Wipe (Kirkland), Double Pierced Rectangle Die (AE)


16 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the vibrant gorgeous colours and the flower stamp AND you have just layered it and not framed it, it can certainly stand on its own merits.

I keep saying I am going to buy inks then can't decide which to buy, when I see so many gorgeous cards by you and others.
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely stunning Bonnie and the most wonderful example of this fun and effective technique. I have loved playing with different photo papers and oxide ink colours and thank you for introducing me to this fabulous technique x. Amazing card and I love it! x.

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

What a great card. Thanks for sharing such a great technique I will definitely give it a try xx

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful image of the tulips against that great smooshed background. Love it:). and so happy to be at the retreat with you XX

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Bonnie, what a gloriously vibrant card!!
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

This is STUNNING, my friend. Looking forward to seeing it in real life and to have you here to show all of us how you made it! xx

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my, this is outstanding. Those lovely tulips really look terrific against that background. I love the colors you chose. I finished my card from your tips yesterday. I need to practice but I get how it's done. Have a wonderful time.

Jo said...

Astonishing! I am so grateful that you made me discover this amazing technique. It has endless possibilities. This colourful card has a beautiful energy to it with those spring tulips. Just the right recipe for this time of year. Truly a beauty! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Those purple tulips look wonderful against your gorgouse baby wipe background, Bonnie! I LOVE the colors you used and the way they were smooshed. It looks dreamy. The frame impression is subtle and gives a finished look.
Thanks so much for hosting this fun "magic" challenge this month. I sure enjoyed it!
Hideko xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

How beautiful! It looks magical and I love the colours! Thanks for joining the fun at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge:)

Bobby said...

Those purple flowers look so good on that smooshed background, Bonnie.

Lisa said...

I love how you used this stamp! I can't wait to play with this stamp to see what I can do with it for the background! Lovely!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful, Bonnie. So glad you brought this to the retreat and did the technique with us. Such a cool and easy technique. xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the combination of colours!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

BożenA said...

Wonderful background with a handkerchief. It looks great with these flowers. Beautiful card, Bonnie
Hugs,
BożenA

TK said...

Fantastic artsy look on your pretty card!