Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Bird of Roses Times Two

Hello friends.  I'm so glad you could stop by today!


I love it when I can use a die two ways.

I really love it when I can use it in the same way (sort of)
and get two different cards.

I die cut this bird from a piece of Brusho and popped him on
another piece of Brusho that had been spritzed with more water.

Then I popped a die cut white bird in the shape left from the first cut.


I attempted to call one an out cut, but I'm never sure which is the cut out
and which is the out cut.

When I Googled it to see which was which, cut out means the piece
cut out and the left over piece.

Now I'm really confused!

Honestly, I haven't been in the wine or the Wodka!

At any rate, I was able to get two cards from that one piece of Brusho background.



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Pacific Point (SU)
Paper:   Pacific Point, Soft Suede (SU), Mixed Media (St.), Linen Textured
Other:  Brusho (Ost. Blue), Bird of Roses Die (SSS), Pierced Rectangle Die (AE), Woodland Branch Die (MB)


Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Special Wishes (PB)
Ink:   Tempting Turquoise (SU)
Paper:   Neenah, Mixed Media
Other:  Brusho (Turquoise, Purple), Bird of Roses Die (SSS), Double Pierced Rectangle Die (AE)

19 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie, that's such a beautiful die cut and love how your used your brusho background as well as the stunning blue bird :) I always love a twofer :)

Trina P. said...

Both beautiful, Bonnnie. Of course, I love the colour 💙 of your Brusho piece. Can never go wrong with a positivr/negative twofer. I personally call it a cut out. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What clever use of the paper and the die cuts - both ways!! love them bonnie
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

I have this die and tried it a couple of times but did not like the outcome. You have hit the mark with the first cut out in Brushso blues and the b'grd in lighter blues. Plus the branch. And those magic Bonnie touches with the linen cs, stitched opening and rich blue card base.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Ingenious and beautiful, to me, way of making these beautiful cards Bonnie.
Faith x

I Card Everyone said...

you made me love blue... I didn't wanna do it! Sorry... Linda Callahan has me singing sentiments this morning! lol
I have a love affair with Bluebirds - two more gorgeous specimens this morning!
=]

nancy littrell said...

Two beautiful die cut bird cards, Bonnie. I think the 1st card could be the positive cut and the 2nd the negative with an inlaid white bird...what do you think?
Love the brushos positive and negative card designs:-)

Love and Hugs, my friend....

Loll said...

Both cars are so beautiful and elegant, Bonnie. Love the gorgeous colours of your Brushos. Always great to get two cards from one coloured panel! xx

Bunny said...

Both are beautiful. 

[Bunny]`

Nstiz said...

What two beautiful ways you used that ornate bird die, Bonnie. I'm often hard pressed to come up with one idea let alone too. Great idea to die cut from a Brusho background yielding that wonderful variation in color. Thanks for the giggles about how you haven't been in the wine or Wodka! Got a good laugh out of that one!

Susan said...

Wonderful use of the negative and positive bird - gorgeous shades of blue!

Marcia Hill said...

I'm a little confused now too Bonnie, but I am certain that you produced 2 FABULOUS cards using the same die and the Brusho background...LOVE them both!! :0)

jimlynn said...

Two GORGEOUS cards!
Lynn

Linda said...

These look fab Bonnie ..... I do love a good twofer! xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Pretty as a picture, both ways!

Jo said...

Such a beautiful duo. I love that lacy bird with and without Brushos. Blue truly is a wonderful colour and these two cards reflect your zen approach to beautiful card making.

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful Bonnie...love the look.
xx Karen

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Bonnie! Great use of the brusho bird and the background! I especially love the 2nd card. It's simple and artsy with a wonderful framing.
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

Wonderful cards for inspiration. Both are lovely, but the other is simply stunning, Bonnie. I love blue and white.
BozenA xoxo