Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Haunting

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Happy Halloween

I've used some older stamps from my stash for both of these cards.

I found a piece of Brusho smoosh in Halloween colors and stamped this
owl stamp and some branches on it.

A little black Glimmer Paper to jazz it up and a quick and easy card is done.


This background was smooshed with re-inker and perfect for these
Halloween stamps.

The card base has some of those vines stamped on it with VersaMark.

To make it a bit more fun, I did this on the inside.


Mr. Bones came from a Halloween card I received last year and is
on a wobble so he jiggles.

The background was done with friends when we inked
embossing folders and embossed.  It's a technique I need a lot more work on!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Happy Haunting (Hampton Arts), Fragile Beauty (PB)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Basic Black, Neenah (with Brusho Smoosh)
Other:  Spider Web EF (ret. SU), Black EP, Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Ghostly, Creepy Cupboard (Hampton Arts), Wild Vines (Lavinia)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, VersaMark
Paper:   Grout Gray, Black Licorice (MFT), Neenah (for smoosh) 
Other:  Black EP, Re-inker






18 comments:

Betty said...

two such fun cards, Bonnie - love them both, but then Halloween cards are among my favorites to make.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...you really got into the Halloween spirit here Bonnie and I'm loving all three!! Especially the skeleton carrying the boo banner!! Have a wonderful day my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two great Halloween cards, Bonnie - just love the trio of owls on card one and all the bats on card two (fun inside too!)!!

Pat said...

Three fun Halloween makes Bonnie, and love the owls and all the branches, and then the wonderful smooshed background with the silhouette bats and the super ornate gates..this is my favourite, and then the upcycled Mr. Bones and love the white inked embossed trees in the background. x

Ros Crawford said...

I'm laughing at that skeleton... what fabulous cards! Reminds me of when my son was little... he came home from school one day and said he needed a skeleton outfit for the next day - Those days we didn't have costumes sold in stores like today and I panicked... in the end I spent the evening drawing bones on white paper and sewing them on to a black T shirt and pants. Phew! Job done!

Liz said...

Super Halloween cards, Bonnie. I love the skeleton, really made me smile. xx

Brenda in IN said...

I love the owls perched among the branches. The black glimmer paper added sparkle to the night. A great spooky card front and a fun inside with Mr. Bones. How fun that he shakes, that's a great surprise. Two great Halloween cards.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous card, love the insert also. :)
Faith x

Loll said...

Fantastic (and a bit scary) cards Bonnie! :) I can just see you playing with the skeleton! :) xx

LeAnne said...

Super fun cards, I have that first owl image myself! It looks great on the black glimmer! BUT...the skeleton steals the show! FUN!

Christine Alexander said...

great selection of Halloween cards Bonnie, I think my favourite is the Brusho owl card. Love that background :)

Trina P. said...

Oh wow, another fantastic round of Halloween cards! All different and beautiful. The skeleton on a mini action wobble would be so fun.

Nstiz said...

Oh my gosh these are fabulous! Strange, no notification on these. Love the owls, the fun skeleton as well as that awesome Halloween sky for your bat. My gosh, you are on a creative roll there! How fun these are!

HilaryJane said...

Lovely set of Halloween cards, I think I like the owls best xx

Leslie Miller said...

Cool stamps and spooky cards! I would NOT open the gate on #2, especially now that I know who's on the other side! These are great, Bonnie!

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun skeleton card and the other two cards are spooky and fabulous x.

Jo said...

Love the use of a restricted colour palette for these cards. Your moonlight night sky are perfect for the silhouette stamping. The scary skeleton on the pumpkin chases fun too, but that grey embossed BG is gorgeous :D

BożenA said...

Well designed card, Bonnie. I love the delicate background on which you have wonderfully placed a branch with these lovely owls. I especially love the second card with this stunning sky above the cemetery. A real scene from a horror movie :-). And I love the third card, it's not scary at all, but very fun.
Three perfect Halloween cards.
xx