Saturday, February 20, 2021

More Zoom Fun

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Last week I enjoyed a Zoom crafting get together and
have finished a couple of the cards using the techniques.

First up...



We dripped some Frost White paint on our mat and smeared it around with
a wadded up piece of plastic wrap.  With very little paint on the wrap, we pounced
it on our cardstock and let it dry while we washed the stencil.
 Then we replaced our stencil and used our blending brushes to ink it
up with Distress Ink through a stencil.

Another technique we did was Kristina's Sponging Bleed Through a Stencil.
After the image was inked through the stencil, we used small blending brushes to "bleed" 
the color around the stenciling.  It gives a much softer look.

You can use multiple colors for this technique and it gives an even better look.

Here's a photo of the shine from the Faux Mother of Pearl.


While I was waiting for inspiration to finish my tree card, I die cut a butterfly from vellum
and did the technique again.


Then I used the die to cut out my FMOP butterfly.
 
Here's a picture of the shine.

For this card's background I used an Eileen Godwin Technique.

I did some soft stenciling and stamping then used circle masks I'd cut from
heavy vellum to lightly sponge around.  When the ink was completely dry, I
used a Quickie Pen to trace around the circles and added some glitter.

It was a fun day!

Challenges:
Krafty Chicks #547 - CAS
Penny Black Saturday - Anything Goes

Now I hope that Blogger doesn't think there's something in this post that they
don't like and delete it all.  If I disappear from Blogland, you'll know that's why.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Botanical Blocks 2 (PTI)
Ink:   Bundled Sage, Rustic Wilderness, Brushed Corduroy (DI), Encore Gold
Paper:   Neenah, Embossed Vellum (ret. SU), Green Leaf (SSS)
Other:  Christmas Trees Stencil (Artsplorations), Frost White Paint (Tsukineko), Gold Dazzling Details (SU), Stitched Rectangle Die (SSS), Blending Brush

Card Recipe
Stamps:  French Script (Darkroom Door)
Ink:   Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn, Spun Sugar (DI), Sahara Sand (SU)
Paper:   Neenah
Other:  Laurel Stencil (Lavinia), Mini Stencil Set 4 (TH), Delicate Wings Die (PB), Frost White Paint (Tsukineko), Circle Masks cut with dies, Quickie Glue Pen, Twinklets Glitter


20 comments:

Pat said...

Two fabulous cards Bonnie and glad you had a great zoom session. The pearl paint with added green for the stencilled tree looks great especially with the added gold glitter and the snowflake background, and then the blue butterfly on the second treated in the same way is extremely pretty, and I love the script in the background and the inked circle with added glitter and also some wonderful soft stencilling which add to its charm. x

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie, the FMOP looks amazing, I just love the speckles of shimmer from pouncing the cling wrap and the white frost paint.
That was such a fun zoom session :)

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, thanks so much for those additional photos - love the FMOP essence on both of your stenciled images - but you 'had me' at butterfly, and scripty background!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

They are all absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie!! I had noticed Loll using this technique and thought I really should give it a try and now after seeing your cards I really do need to try this!! That tree stencil was the perfect one to use and the shimmer and shine on both the tree and the butterfly card are gorgeous!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Sandy said...

Well I sure am glad I stopped by too! It is always fun when I seen something I have not seen before and that wows me. Your first card certainly fits that bill!!!! Stampendous!!
Your second card is also quite pretty and you can really see the shine on the butterfly. Love the design. Now I am going to go back and give these cards another look.
Sandy xx

Brenda in IN said...

These are all lovely, Bonnie. I love that soft look Kristina's technique gives. The shine from Loll's mother of pearl is stunning on your tree and butterfly cards. It was a fun day.

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards using Faux Mother-of-Pearl Bonnie! The shimmer is so beautiful. Love your Christmas card and how you've combined the bleed with it as well. And your butterfly is gorgeous over that beautiful background. LOVE the circle of glitter!! xx

Leslie Miller said...

Two beautiful cards and, wow, you sure did capture the shine in your photos! I sure hope Blogger is done deleting things for now. Hopefully they won't find a need to delete any regular posts. Kind of scary!

Susan said...

You got fabulous shimmer from the faux mother-of-pearl technique! Love it on both the tree and the beautiful blue butterfly. I really like the way you used Eileen Godwin's technique to create the circle of glitter - it sets off the butterfly perfectly. And your Christmas card is gorgeous with the embossed vellum for the background layer.

nancy littrell said...

Wow..Two Gorgeous Mother of Pearl technique cards, Bonnie. I LOVE your Christmas card using the 2 different techniques. I have been wanting to do both techniques and boy do you have me inspired, my friend! I love your color choices and the soft effect from the sponged stenciled bleeding technique. Of course your faux M 0f P technique gave the most beautiful shine to both cards too. TFS the close up photos too. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Vicky Hayes said...

I always love your posts about trying new techniques Bonnie. You've made gorgeous cards! Please don't disappear from blogland - we need you here!! Vicky x

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie! I love the mother of pearl technique and have the bottle of paint/ink on my wish list to get. Such a cool look! Love how your tree card came out, the gold and shimmer is so beautiful! Your butterfly card is equally beautiful. Love the background your created and love the shine from the technique on the butterfly. Hugs, Brenda

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are fabulous, Bonnie! The shine and texture of the faux mother of pearl is so beautiful! The sponging bleed effect is interesting, and it does make the tree look much softer.
Love the stenciled & stamped background with a glitter circle as much as the pretty blue butterfly!
Hideko xx

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful and unique effect with the technique and what beautiful cards Bonnie x. They are so pretty and always fun to Zoom with crafty friends x.

Robyn Oliver said...

Love the shimmer of the Faux Pearl technique - Both your cards beautiful Bonnie, hugs Robyn

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what stunning cards. I don't have frost paint, but wombled around the internet looking up the technique, and discovered I can use perfect pearls.. I have those. Thank you for the inspiration on ways to use the technique
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Ros Crawford said...

Well I thought these were beautiful but when the light hits them they become stunning! Wonderful work my friend!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful FMOP cards. Just love the shimmer, especially on that blue butterfly!

Jo said...

You are definitely mastering this stencil technique. Both are gorgeous. The mother of pearl adds such a special touch. These must be even lovelier in person. Beautifully done. xx

BożenA said...

The brilliant shine on the cards makes them very elegant. I actually forgot about this technique and thank you for reminding us about it, it's so effective!
xx