Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Echinacea

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


I was so busy preparing for a class that I didn't have time to do many
challenges this month.  They are about to close so I'm sliding in at the last minute.
Sorry to bombard you all at one time.


Their inspiration prompt this month has my favorite summer flowers.


and I finally succumbed to my desire to subscribe to Altenew's Paint a Flower. 
Being on sale gave me the push that I needed!

My first stamp set came late last week and I was determined to use it
sooner rather than later.

Now that the class is over and cleaned up, I could enjoy watercoloring
these sweet flowers.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed coloring them.

Challenges:
NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff


 


Card Recipe
Stamps:  PAF White Swan Echinacea, Dotted Blooms (ALT)
Ink:   Shadow Gray Archival (Ranger), Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Gathered Twigs (DI)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Neenah, Pink Pirouette (SU) 
Other:  Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils, Hemstitch Circle Die (Splbndr), Corner Rounder Punch (Fiskars)

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Enjoy!




21 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I have this gorgeous set in my possession, too, Bonnie! I adore yours in pink, and the attention that hemstitching draws to them!
You'll have to wait a wee bit longer to see the colors I chose for my debut make! xx
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Such a beautiful image and you've water colored it just beautifully too Bonnie! LOVE the hemstitched circle around your bouquet too!! Lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful card, great image and wonderful colouring Bonnie x.

JoAnn said...

Oh wow, I love your beautiful card. Love the rounded corner with the 3 thin strips of the same color CS. The way you have offset the Hemstitch Circle die is perfect. Your watercoored flowers are beautiful. This is ONE of my favorite cards you have make.

Leslie Miller said...

I melt when I see beautiful coloring like this. A lovely card design, too, with the hemstitch die and curved sentiment. So gorgeous, Bonnie!

Susan said...

Love the shades of pink - beautiful watercolouring! A great layout too!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous design and coloring.

Nstiz said...

Wowsers, can you ever watercolor! You are the master of all media when it comes to coloring. Also love your fabulous framing! You never disappoint, Bonnie!

Colleen said...

Bonnie, your water coloring is fantastic. Gosh these are beautiful! And I love your circle! Heart Hugs, Col

Pat said...

Echinacea is one of my favourite flowers and what a wonderful stamp with some amazing watercolouring Bonnie, and beautiful colours and card design with the super hemstitch circular die to frame it. x

Lisa Elton said...

Your flowers are gorgeous, Bonnie! This is a wonderful card!

nancy littrell said...

Love your die cut frame around your card front and die cut circle Hemstitch for your beautifully watercolored Echinacea flowers, Bonnie. TFS your Gorgeous Fall card, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie this is exquisite - love the way you framed the image with that wonderful die cut, and off the edge too!! Beautifully painted flowers and the curved sentiment is perfect. Love the curved corners and the added pink strips
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Carole said...

This is so gorgeous Bonnie! Love the design with the rounded corner and the stripes across the top, the die round the flowers...those beautifully coloured flowers...really stands out...FABULOUS card. xx

Bobby said...

I love how you framed out those beautiful coneflowers, Bonnie. I thought about that set and after seeing your card I may have to succumb to temptation.

TK said...

Wow, you're colors are great but your water coloring is perfect! Great job, Bonnie

Loll said...

LOVE your gorgeous echinecea blooms, Bonnie! Your colouring is so amazing ... you bring your flowers to life with your talent, my friend! Beautiful design with the off-the edge circle with hemstitch border. Great work! Love, Lolly

BożenA said...

Altenew has such an amazing design! You used this stamp wonderfully. I love the wonderfully colored Echinacea, I really like the background, which is also a frame and sweetly shines through the holes in the circle.
hugs,
BożenA

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgepus and your framing is wonderful!

Sandy said...

I agree with Ros - most of all I love the colors you used. I think I am drawn by color more than any other thing.
Sandy xx

Sue - said...

Beautiful card Bonnie! Love everything about it.