Thursday, September 30, 2021

Flying High for Penny Black

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


I'm trying to work through my NBUS box that has become boxes!
I hit a triple with this card and used stamps from three different stamp
sets in my stamp box.  One I bought at least a year ago and the other two were
gifts from a sweet friend.

I've stamped the birdhouse in VersaFine Smokey Gray ink and heat embossed 
with clear powder. Then I used Distress ink smooshed on my palette to
paint it up.

The foliage was inked with markers, spritzed and stamped.  I used non-NBUS
Nature's Silhouettes leaves for the upper leaves and NBUS Woodland Beauty for 
the bottom foliage.

After I had done the wash, I stamped the birch tree with Archival Shadow Gray ink.

I should have done that BEFORE the wash.  I had to go over the white bark
with white gouache paint!  Oops.


I'm sliding into home plate at the last minute to enter the 
So many awesome cards over there!


Card Recipe (Note: This card is a little larger than the normal A2)
Stamps:  Fly High, Nature's Silhouettes, Woodland Beauty, Birches (PB), Take Care (ret. SU)
Ink:   VersaFine Smokey Gray, Iced Spruce, Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Frayed Burlap, Faded Jeans, Tattered Rose, Brushed Corduroy (DI & DM), Archival Shadow Gray.
Paper:   Mixed Media, Watercolor (Strathmore), Basic Gray (SU)
Other:  Clear EP

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Enjoy!




16 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful watercolored nature scene, Bonnie. Your birdhouse looks even more special with all the watercolored leaves, birch tree, flying bird and sentiment. TFS my fried and describing your techniques. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Nstiz said...

I’m intrigued by your composition, Bonnie. Love that bird house but can’t imagine putting this together the way you did! The foliage is perfect for this. You must have an amazing stamp colletion! LOVE this!

Susan said...

Lovely image of a birdhouse. Beautiful watercoloured foliage around it.

Cat Craig said...

Oh that is a "tweet" birdy condo. Love the image and your coloring.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Bonnie - the watery leaf images are reminiscent of a foggy morning
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous scene making, wonderful stamping and colouring and great save with the gouache Bonnie x. A really beautiful card x.

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, a beautiful autumn scene with a birdhouse! You wouldn't believe how many birds and bird things I have. Your foliage is so beautiful, Bonnie. Good luck with your NBUS. I keep trying, too.

BożenA said...

The twigs with leaves look so amazing, Bonnie. I have the impression that I am looking at a painting painted by an impressionist. These colorful spots look wonderful creating this amazing autumn landscape.
xx

HilaryJane said...

Oh my word, suddenly I have missed 3 or 4 posts. Sorry not to visit each individually but they are all lovely and so very different. Love the soft background on the birdbox card, the wonderful soft alcohol colours on the vellum and that circle framed watercolouring. Fabulous cards xx

TK said...

Pretty fall scene, Bonnie, and it reminds me of all the beautiful colors we just saw on vacation!

Ros Crawford said...

You've created such a beautiful scene here Bonnie and I love it!

Bobby said...

Beautiful scene, Bonnie.

Papercraft Boutique said...

You created a wonderful nature scene using different stamp sets, Bonnie! I LOVE your coloring! I enjoy looking at this card finding various colors in it.
Hideko xx

Conniecrafter said...

I just love the leaves to frame your sweet bird house and that bird is too cute also! Great tree too!

Trina P. said...

How AH-MAZING!… I thought you used pattern paper for your background! You’ve watercolored it so beautifully. This really should be framed!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow Bonnie this is so stunning! I love the background and the colouring of the birdhouse! Thanks for joining us at PBSC:)