Friday, July 1, 2022

A Goldfinch for CAS Mix Up

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

It's time for a new challenge at CAS Mix Up.


This month is a watercolor challenge and Linda is asking us for


This little bird is meant to be a chickadee but he makes a great goldfinch.

I've die cut, watercolored and put him together.  I love how this die has a 
separate wing and cap.

I trimmed down a piece of cardstock embossed with a 3D embossing folder
and popped the bird on top.

Our fabulous Design Team has some wonderful inspiration pieces to show you.

Hop on over to CAS Mix Up and take a look.
Hope to see your wings in the gallery!

Other Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure - ATG Embossed/Option of Things with Wings





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Handwritten Borders (SSS)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Black, Watercolor (Arches cold press)
Other:  Layered Chickadee die (SSS), Woodland Branch Die (MB), Vine Canopy 3D EF (SSS), Altenew 36 Pan Watercolors, Black Zig, White Gel Pen


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

24 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, I love your goldfinch Bonnie, he looks so real! Just so beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

I Card Everyone said...

Not only do I love the Goldfinches, but I also love to watch them fly! Their swooping flight pattern is right up there with Top Gun status!
Gorgeous winged-thing - beautifully colored and perched in a very pretty place, too, Bonnie!
=]

Viv said...

Lovely Bonnie! Our native goldfinches have a red head and how strange that you made this pretty card showing one of your native ones when a few moments after I saw it I looked outside and there was one of our native ones sat on the fence! x

HilaryJane said...

Love this from that cute bird and embossed background to the black highlights. Just gorgeous xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How gorgeous.

JoAnn said...

Beautifully colored finch. Love all the details on your card. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

The pop of yellow from your pretty goldfinch is fantastic! Wonderful card, Bonnie!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous die cut and watercolored gold finch, Bonnie. TFS your details. Loved your 3D dry embossed background, framing and framed sentiment too. TFS mf. Love and Hugs, Nancy

Susan said...

Great job turning that chickadee into a goldfinch! Lovely embossed background for him!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Bonnie - love that you used that embossed background for your sweet chickadee turned goldfinch.
Blessings
Maxine

Bobby said...

I was always thrilled when the goldfinches showed up at my feeder, Bonnie. I miss seeing them since I moved. You did a good job turning one bird into another with your wonderful watercoloring.

Loll said...

Lovely goldfinch resting on the branch Bonnie. I love his bright yellow colours and the detail you've added to his wing. Such a gorgeous boy! Looks fabulous against the embossed white leafy background. xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautifully watercolored goldfinch, Bonnie! Love the detail of his wing and tail. Wonderful transformation from a chikadee! The embossed leafy panel creates a perfect scene for the bird!
Hideko xx

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, how pretty and sweet! He looks right at home on the embossed background.

TK said...

While I love me a Chickadee, this is just peffect as a finch too!

Julia Aston said...

Such a pretty goldfinch Bonnie! And a beautiful embossed background for him! xx

Marcia Hill said...

You always do birds so well Bonnie and this Goldfinch is no exception! You've colored him just perfectly, and I just love the simple background with the white on white embossing. Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! Such a gorgeous Goldfinch, Bonnie! I really love how you created his feathers and the bold yellow is stunning! Love your embossed background, too! xx

Pat said...

What a wonderful goldfinch Bonnie and I love the leafy 3D embossed background you have placed it on and the black matted layer and sentiment coordinate beautifully. x

BożenA said...

This is another beautiful winter card you made, Bonnie. I totally agree with you that the additional die cut pieces allow for more and your bird looks stunning. I love how you painted it and the wings look very realistic, as if you can see the individual rows of feathers. The embossed 3D background always does a great job, the card looks stunning!
xx

Brenda in IN said...

How pretty the bird is colored and how clever to make him a completely different bird with watercoloring. Love his wing.

Trina P. said...

Love your chickadee! So beautifully coloured and designed.

Linda said...

What a cute little goldfinch, beautifully coloured. I love the embossed detail in the background too xx

Susan Joyce said...

Love your card with the goldfinch, black details and embossed background, a beautiful card Bonnie!