Saturday, July 9, 2022

Softly Bleached

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Another piece from my UFO box finds a home.


This started with a Brusho background.  I'm not sure what color or colors I used.

Then I'd stamped these sweet flowers and used bleach on a paintbrush to remove the
color from the flowers and leaves.

That's as far as I got before this went into the UFO box.

When I was cleaning out recently, I colored the flowers with Zigs
and put it on a card.  Don't know why that took so long!

Challenges:
Penny Black Saturday - ATG/Option of Spots and/or Stripes (spots from Brushos)


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Softly (PB)
Ink:   Archival Jet Black
Paper:   Neenah, Mixed Media (Strathmore), Daffodil Delight
Other:  Brusho, Bleach, Zig CCRBM, Sentimental Die (Avery Elle)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

22 comments:

Bobby said...

I love that techniques but haven't done it in a while. And never with Brushos. It looks fabulous, Bonnie. I'm glad you finally finished it.

marilyn said...

Used to love bleaching...just forgot about it! It's quite effective as your beautiful card proves!

I Card Everyone said...

I have still never used bleach, Bonnie - I'm just happy as a clam seeing your pretty card using that technique!
Beautiful colors - beautiful card!
=]

Nstiz said...

How fun to pull something from the UFO box and have it turn out so beautifully! It's been years since I used bleach and certainly not as effective as you just did. What happy colors too!

Pat said...

It looks very pretty Bonnie, and I love the Brusho background in that bright blue and the contrast with the softly coloured flowers. x

Loll said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. LOVE this technique used with brushos. Your yellow flowers are so pretty against the bright blue sky. xx

Susan said...

Beautiful use of that PB stamp! Love the vibrant blue background and the contrast of the yellow flowers.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful recovery you staged for this sweet image... a gorgeous card Bonnie
Blessings
Maxine

Sandy said...

I looked at your card and went ahhhhh. I think I have given you every compliment one could possibly give on your creations. Now I just look and enjoy. Love the color combo and your background is amazing.
Sandy xx

Darnell said...

So true, Bon, some of those bits go together in five minutes and you slap your forehead! These elements waited patiently and now you've brought them together flawlessly! Hugs, Dolly

R's Rue said...

Absolutely beautiful. You are wonderfully imaginative and creative. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Brenda in IN said...

This Brusho background is so pretty. The yellow flowers pop against it and I like the yellow panel behind it. Sometimes we look at things differently after a while and this just has to wait for it's time.

HilaryJane said...

It really is very pretty. The yellow and blue look fabulous. The trouble with things from the UFO box is not remembering how you did them, but at the time you think you will always remember the process. I do love the brusho background xx

Vicky Hayes said...

It's a stunner Bonnie! You have the most beautiful backgrounds waiting for your finishing flair! Vicky x

Greta said...

Just beautiful, Bonnie! I almost never do the bleach technique, but it sure worked great here!

Colleen said...

Beautiful card Bonnie! I have so many like this I wonder too why it takes so long to actually put it together. Letting it sit and then pulling it out again is sometimes just what it takes for things to click. I love your yellow flowers and the bright hello!! Heart Hugs, Col

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so glad this beautiful piece found a home on your card! It's funny how these things can languish in a box or drawer so long and then shine so brightly when they come out in the light. Wonderful, Bonnie!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Great job bleaching.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Bonnie, love the slight mix of colours where you bleached. Love the card

Papercraft Boutique said...

The Brusho blue sky background is so beautiful, and the soft yellow flowers look pretty, Bonnie! Thank you for reminding me of the bleach technique!
Hideko xx

TK said...

Great use of that UFO, and the colors are pretty too!

BożenA said...

Another beautiful card, in the colors of the holidays. I love the combination of blue and yellow. It is so relaxing
xx