Monday, March 20, 2023

Daisy Daisy

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I've been playing with a NBUS daisy die.

 

For the first card, I die cut with a cover plate and kept all the little pieces intact.
Then I die cut the daisy and fern from cold press watercolor paper to 
smoosh and watercolor. using Zigs.

You may need your sunglasses for the next one!


This daisy was die cut from Neenah Solar White and the stem from cold press 
watercolor paper,  I colored with Zigs and a slightly damp brush on the Neenah.
  The embossed yellow background was in the UFO box and seemed perfect 
for a background for this daisy. The frame was a leftover too.

Now to tone it down a bit...


This time I cut the flower from Bristol paper and the stem from cold press watercolor paper.  
I used the Print Making technique loosely coloring it over a piece of mixed media paper 
letting the color run into background.  Actually the yellow is much lighter IRL.

Challenges:
Double D - Mood Board below
The Flower Challenge #78 - Die Cuts or Stencils
Seize the Birthday - no toppings this time

  




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Watercolor (Arches cold press), Neenah Solar White, Daffodil Delight
Other:  Etched Layered Daisy Stem Die (SSS), Zigs CCRBM, Detail Pincushion Cutting Plate (SSS), Sword Fern Die (SSS), Script Easter Die (Studio Katia)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Watercolor (Arches cold press), Daffodil Delight
Other:  Square Lattice EF (ret SU), Etched Layered Daisy Stem die (SSS), Zigs CCRBM, Script Easter Die (SK), Stitched Rectangle Die (SSS), 

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  Many Everyday Messages (HA)
Ink:   VersaMark
Paper:   Bristol ( Strathmore), Mixed Media (Strathmore) Watercolor (Arches CP), Neenah Desert Storm, Gold Foil
Other:  Etched Layered Daisy Stem Die (SSS), Zig CCRBM, Sword Fern Die (SSS), Happy Die (SSS), Gold EP, Subtle EF (ret SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

29 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm half-crazy all for the love of your darling daisies, Bonnie! Especially this gorgeous bright yellow embossing!
What a way to wake up! Thank you!
=]

Diane said...

All are beautifully created, love seeing all the different ways you have designed with the daisy die, each one uniquely beautiful!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Bobby said...

You know daisies are my favorite, Bonnie, so each of these makes me happy. I love that you experimented with different mediums on each of them.

JoAnn said...

Three beautiful cads with that daisy, each with their own personality. Love how you used different mediums on each one to make them special. Thanks for sharing the birthday card at Seize the Birthday.
Have a lovely week my friend.

Marcia Hill said...

All 3 are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie, and I love the differences in each one but how you kept with the same Daisy theme...great way to make use of that flower die! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

jimlynn said...

All three are so pretty and all so different. I love the cover plate you used on that first one and the daisy die is fantastic. All beautiful cards!
Lynn

Darlene said...

Oh my friend these are all just BEAUTIFUL! You are so creative! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

PS ... don't forget about our embossing challenge at Can You Handle the Pressure

Susan said...

Beautiful trio of cards, Bonnie! I love the spring colours and the overall sunny cheerful feel of them. Great backgrounds with both the embossing folders on the first two and the print technique on the third.

Nstiz said...

I love all three of these, Bonnie. They remind me of spring and sunshine. Sadly we don't have that here yet and still have snow. What fantastic backgrounds and I love that daisy die. Your print making technique turned out gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

You go with the NBUS daisy which is NBUS no more! How pretty every card is! I love them all. In my world yellow has a way of photographing too bright and intense, tsk tsk. I do love a pretty yellow and a sunshiny daisy! Thank you for sharing your Easter card with us at Double D!

Brenda said...

OMGoodness, I am so loving your daisy cards Bonnie! That daisy die and fern die are fabulous. You have showcased them brilliantly! My favorite is the second, bright yellow one! That daisy just pops on that card and I LOVE it! Hugs, Brenda

Pat said...

Three fabulous cards using this pretty daisy and fern Bonnie and the coverplate makes a great background on the first, also I love the bright summery yellow embossed background on the second with the added rectangular frame which is perfect, and lastly wonderful use of the print making technique transferring some colour from the flower and leaves onto the background and the kraft type card complements it beautifully. x

Colleen said...

All are fabulous, Bonnie. the daisies are sure eye catching and I am so glad you made three while you had it out! thank you fro the birthday card for STB! We love when you play along!

Christine Alexander said...

Two Beautiful cards, the daisies always makes me think of summer and I'm read for that now :)

Trina P. said...

A trio of lovely spring daisy cards! Perfect colour palette. I have many favourite flowers and daisies are one of them.

nancy littrell said...

Loving all 3 of your pretty die cut and watercolored Daisy and Fern cards, Bonnie. Love the added textured backgrounds too. TFS your beauties, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Carole said...

Three fabulous cards Bonnie. What beautiful daises and you have set them against fab backgrounds too...especially liking the first one! xx

Cat Craig said...

What a wonderful collection of cards, Bonnie. I love yellow and each of these has wonderful yellows. Your designs are lovely.

Lisa Elton said...

Three pretty cards, Bonnie! I like the variety using the same die!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning trio using the same focal point and a wonderful variety of techniques Bonnie!
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy said...

Daisies are certainly the happiest flower if you ask me and Meg Rayn of course...LOL. I love the movie You Got Mail. I love that each card is a wee bit different, but the daisy still takes center stage! Thanks for sharing one of these pretty cards with us at Seize the Birthday! Have a great day!

HilaryJane said...

What a gorgeous set of daisy cards, love them all xx

Maria said...

Such lovely Easter cards with the beautiful flowers! All unique lovely designs, so pretty!

TK said...

Three great cards, and the Easter ones are so appropriate, as it seems this holiday is sneaking up on me!

My Paper Epiphany said...

A gorgeous collection of cards! I love this die!

Sathya said...

SO Beautiful cards.
Thanks for playing along The Flower Challenge.
- Sathya
DT

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a pretty trio of daisy cards, Bonnie! I'm always impressed how you make beautiful cards with different-looks, using the same die. I especially love the third card with the print-making-background and the added touch of elegance of gold sentiments!
Hideko xx

Birgit said...

Three very sweet cards! Each one is a delight!! Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D Challenge. Wishing you the very best of luck!

BożenA said...

This card has spring in it. I love this sunny daisy and yellow background or frame. Three beautiful cards
Hugs,
BozenA