Friday, March 3, 2023

Embossed Embossing

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

This card is the roundabout result of our February Group of Seven Cardmakers technique,


I had some trouble deciphering between the debossing and embossing!

This background piece resulted from tapping VersaMark on the embossed
or raised side after embossing, then heat embossing and smooshing.
(Are you as confused as I am?)

It wasn't what I was supposed to do, but I liked the results.

I added a piece embossed with Neenah Solar White and popped some
watercolored flowers on top.  The little medallion was punched from a leftover
piece of the embossed smooshing.

Challenges:
NBUS #47 - (Never Before Used Schtuff Sealed Wildflower Dies)



Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Speckled Egg, Faded Jeans, Brushed Corduroy, Rustic Wilderness (DI & DOX)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neenah Solar White, Baked Brown Sugar
Other:  Tile Reflection 3D EF (Spl), White EP, Sealed Wildflowers Dies (Spl), Linen Thread


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

22 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I might be a tiny bit confused, but still loving the results of your efforts very much, Bonnie!
Very pretty new dies - love that little medallion holding their arrangement!
=]

Bobby said...

I didn't understand it the same way you did, Bonnie, but who cares. Your version turned out looking fab, peeking from the white panel that shows what the embossed image looks like. I love it with the flowers and the medallion that's holding them.

JoAnn said...

I glad you used this piece to make your beautiful card. Love the pretty blue blooms with it. I still want to try this technique also - looking though my EF now.

Lisa Elton said...

Hmmm, yes a little confused but I like your results! You layered up all of those pieces into a lovely work of art, Bonnie!

Brenda in IN said...

This is just beautiful. I love the colors of blue and brown together and the flower die is gorgeous. I just put it in my cart (thank you)! There were times I was a bit confused about which side to emboss but you really can't go wrong.

Marcia Hill said...

Yep, I'm a little confused too, but the result is GORGEOUS Bonnie! I love the background and the colors in it, the embossed tile piece, the die cut wildflowers...it all combines to make a simply lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

jimlynn said...

No confusion and it's beautiful the way it turned out. So pretty!
Lynn

Viv said...

Completely confused but don't care - cos the end result is just lovely! x

Leslie Miller said...

It seems no matter how you do this technique it turns out amazing! Love the combo of blues with krafty brown. Beautiful flower die. I think I will just have to try this and then maybe I'll know whether I'm confused or not.

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Beautiful background even though you were a bit confused. You just created a new Technique, Bonnie:-) I Love your choice of colors and wonderful die cut elements too. Thank you so much for sharing your beauty. I felt confused by the technique too even though I did it correctly:-) I did finish a card that I like and will post after I get a photo hopefully today:-) I really want to try another background again soon...so inspired by all the GO7 girls card samples. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Cat Craig said...

This looks lovely, I like the cloudy feel of the card with the steel blues (at least thats how they are coming through on my laptop.)

Nstiz said...

This one is just gorgeous, Bonnie. It caught my eye right away. Your rich embossing reminds me of a hand made quilt. Love the background and how you used remnants to embellish your card.

Pat said...

Whatever you did it's beautiful Bonnie and I love the colours and the added die cut and watercoloured flowers are so pretty over the top. x

TK said...

Confused or not, this is awesome! I love the texture and the colors are amazing together -- kudos from my direction!

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie this is gorgeous - what a fun technique and an elegant result - love how you have used the embossed panel.
Blessings
Maxine

Bonnie said...

Lovely creation Bonnie, so glad I was not the only one to get which side to heat emboss on the dry embossing wrong. That blue just sings on the double bg pieces.

Trina P. said...

Maybe a bit confusing, but it yielded a lovely background for this pretty card.

Susan said...

It may not be the way we were supposed to do it, but you got wonderful results and created a beautiful card! I love the colours you used - the blues and browns look fabulous together.

Darnell said...

YES!! Thank you for your suggestion to me to just heat both sides! Smart, Bon! But the truth is, this technique gives fabulous results like you got here whichever side is white heat-embossed! I love the design and colors of this one! Hugs, Dolly

Papercraft Boutique said...

Whichever side you used, your background is beautiful Bonnie! I love the colours! The color matching (blue & brown) die- cut flowers and leaves are so pretty too!
Hideko xx

Brenda said...

Yes, I'm confused...but live that way a lot so nothing new there. LOL All I know is that this card is gorgeous, love the colors and the design. Just stunning. Hugs, Brenda

Christine Alexander said...

I also love the both emboss and debossed sides, beautiful and love the random effect the the colours ♥