Monday, March 6, 2023

Magnolia Ballerina and Dahlia

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

It looks like spring has arrived here in Central North Carolina.

I've been seeing tulip trees (Jane Magnolias) blooming all over along with
the Bradford Pears and cherry trees.  Now the pine pollen has started.  It looks and feels
like late March or April!  I'm not complaining.  So many of you are having record snows.


I got this kit last spring and I'm hoping to give it a good workout now that spring
has come again.

This time used the 3D embossing folder with Neenah Solar White.  I colored using
small daubers.  All that was left was to stamp a sentiment and mount it.

I have a twofer using a different image...


This image was on a card in a recent Altenew order.  Jack wanted me to color with him
so I colored this with Copics.  After I colored it, I splattered with a white Posca pen and
a black Stampin' Up marker.

Challenges:
Four Seasons - Spring (card 1)


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Magnolia Ballerina (Alt)
Ink:   Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush, Versafine Smokey Gray
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Pink Pirouette
Other:  Magnolia Ballerina 3D EF (Alt)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Dotted Blooms (Alt)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:  Neenah, Black
Other:  Dahlia Bright Eyes print (Alt), Copics, White Posca Pen, Black SU Marker, A2 Thin Frames Die (SSS), Subtle EF (ret SU), White Gel Pen


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

27 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I adore these grand stamps and embossed images Altenew offers, Bonnie - you've done a bang up job of coloring with Jack and added just the dab of color needed to bring that Magnolia to life!
I would love to see your corner of the world right now - pine pollen, not so much!
=]

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards with your fabulous coloring. Glad you had fun coloring with Jack and we got to see the beautiful results.

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie!! Your 1st card with just the dab of color on those Magnolias is sooo pretty and your coloring on the 2nd card is FABULOUS! And I so wish I was living in your neck of the woods right now with all the blooming trees! We woke up to snow on the ground this morning, BUT I did see a robin yesterday, so there is hope that Spring is coming!! Hugs. :0)

Pat said...

Two beauties Bonnie, and that first 3D embossed magnolia is gorgeous and a very stylish sentiment too, and then the second is also a very elegant look and love the double layer cut and the added splatters finish it perfectly. x

jimlynn said...

BOTH are so beautiful! Love the flowers and your coloring too. Fabulous cards.
Lynn

Brenda in IN said...

First of all, I'm so jealous you have spring already. We do have a warm day coming today but then back to cooler temps. These two cards are beautiful, Bonnie. The coloring is stunning and great that you were able to do it with Jack.

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, Bonnie.

Bobby said...

Every time I see someone use that magnolia ef or stamp I wish I had gotten it. I know I still can but I've resisted so far. I love it with hust a hint of color and the sentiment is wonderful. I've never colored any of those freebie cards but you did a fantastic job with that dahlia. So gorgeous. I guess Jack was a good instigator. ;)

Lindah said...

Both are beautiful cards. Your work is always inspiring.

nancy littrell said...

Two Gorgeous Magnolia blossoms cards, Bonnie. Your designs and colors using the EB Folder and stamped image are so pretty. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

HilaryJane said...

Gorgeous cards. I am glad to hear you are enjoying magnolias in flower, still too early and cold for them hear, but I am enjoying the camelias. Such amazing colours xx

Nstiz said...

Both of these are well done, Bonnie. I do love to see you color embossing folders since I've never successfully done that. I usually have the background a mess. Your coloring on the second card is absolutely perfect! Love the shading and detail on that one. Sadly spring has not arrived here yet. We are still a bit cold and dismal.

TK said...

Different mediums but still both are so pretty!

Vicky Hayes said...

Two gorgeous cards Bonnie. I particularly like the delicate effect you got on the magnolia - so beautiful! Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

Your magnolias are soft and dreamy, Bonnie! So wonderfully feminine too. I like the deeper color of your second card and the drama the black adds!

Carole said...

Two stunners here Bonnie. Love the soft colouring on your magnolia and in contrast the deeper colouring on the second card. xx

Susan said...

The first card is so beautiful with those wonderful shades of pale pink - you did a fabulous job dabbing colour on the embossed areas. The second one has a great layout and perfect white splatters.

Trina P. said...

Both beautiful floral cards. I have and love that Ballerina EF. Great job colouring it. I cheated and used the matching stencil to colour it. 😂

Diane said...

Wow, both cards are stunningly beautiful!! You should add one of them to out new challenge at Triple B (link below). Signs of Spring here in Michigan but way too early by about two months, scares me I will lose a lot of my Spring blooms!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Triple B} NEW March 3rd
{Stencil Fun}

Papercraft Boutique said...

Sounds like you have a gorgoues spring scenery in your area, Bonnie!
Your Magnolia Ballerinas and Dahlias are beautiful! Love the deep impression and soft sponging of the Magnolias, and the lovely coloring and cool framing of the Dahlia card!
Hideko xx

Leslie Miller said...

Bonnie, it's so good to finally be checking in after a busy week. I won't catch up with everyone today, but working my way forward. You always have something swoonworthy coming out of your craft room. Two beauties today! Your embossing is an attention grabber for me, as much as your beautiful stamping and coloring.

Brenda said...

Both cards are beautiful Bonnie, but my favorite is the second one. Your coloring is gorgeous. Beautiful embossing folder and beautiful stamp! Hugs, Brenda

Sandy said...

Beautifully done Bonnie!
Sandy xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Bonnie: This is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. Have a blessed week and please stop by again soon.
Karen L, DT

Julia Aston said...

You are so far ahead of us in your blooming season Bonnie! what beautiful blooms - both embossed and stamped! Julia xx

Christine Alexander said...

Both cards are gorgeous, I love the softness of the 3d embossed image and the bold colours in your second card. xx

BożenA said...

This post is a real feast for the spirit! I love both these disheveled magnolias and these stunning daisies. Two yes artsy cards.
Hugs,
BozenA