Friday, March 17, 2023

More Magnolia Ballerinas

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I need to clear something up.
I have not decided not to buy anything until I use all my NBUS.
I gave up buying any craft items for Lent.
It's a good time to try and use some of that mountain of NBUS.

You can be assured that I will be ordering again in April.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to well love this set from Altenew.


This time I have used three of the four elements in this set.  I die cut the flowers from 
110 lb. Neenah Solar White, fit them in the matching embossing folder to add texture,
then used the three stencils to add color.

I'm still trying to learn how to do these layering stencils and have them
come out somewhat as planned.  This was NOT my first try but the best so far!

For the background, I smooshed some of the same color inks I used on my craft mat, 
spritzed and smooshed some bristol paper into the wet ink.  It was more color than I wanted
so I spritzed it and blotted it with a paper towel. Next time I'll use mixed media paper
as the bristol did not hold up well.
 
Then I die cut one of the labels from this NBUS die set and added the flower
on it so they wouldn't get lost in the background.

This is an A7 card.  Bigger than my usual. It's a large image!

I still need to use the stamp.  Hopefully soon.

Challenges:
The Flower Challenge #78 - Use Die Cuts or Stencils (used both)




Card Recipe
Stamps:  All Occasions (Jane's Doodles)
Ink:   Tattered Rose, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Brushed Corduroy, Encore Gold
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Bristol (Strathmore), Gold Foil, Vellum
Other:  Magnolia Ballerina Die, EF & Stencil, Nesting Slimline Labels (Alt), Yana's Scripted Sentiments (SPL)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

25 comments:

Kris said...

Bonnie, this card is so pretty. Your cards are always beautiful. I should have followed you - give up buying craft supplies for Lent. Kris

Carole said...

This is beautiful bonnie, such pretty delicate flowers. You seem to be doing well with your NBUS pile! x

I Card Everyone said...

Both things are hard, Bonnie - the industry really bombards us with TOO much to love, which leads to stacks of new things to use!! It's a vicious cycle but one we love.
I love this flower and would give anything to see one of these Ballerina Magnolias for real! What's not to love about a bigger card to hold the whole thing? Beautiful stencil coloring - gorgeous background, too!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

This reminds me of a Michele card and it's absolutely GORGEOUS Bonnie! And you've colored it beautifully with the stencils too! I also really LOVE your smooshed background...this is a lovely, lovely card my friend! I saved an email last night from a stamp company so I could look at it more closely this morning, and then this morning I deleted it before even looking at it because I too have SO much new (and old) stamps to use that I have no business even thinking about buying more! I will of course, but need to slow down for just a bit. So anyway, you're not alone! Hope you have a great weekend!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda said...

I have to chuckle about all the NBUS, we all have it and some of us have had piles for years and years. I am that someone and I don't buy often since Dwayne's passing. But still...I have lots of NBUS! Love this card, it is simply stunning! You did well with your three layers, your stenciling looks great to me! Love your background as well, it is soft and subtle looking-perfect for these gorgeous blooms! Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

I got a chuckle from your clarification, Bonnie. I'm trying not to buy too much but if you don't stop showing me beautiful ways to use that Magnolia Ballerina I'll be buying it. I love the smooshed background showing off the flower colors and all the dimension from the embossing folder. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Brenda in IN said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards, Bonnie. The flower is stunning but it's that background you made that I love so much. I understood about the NBUS and was just teasing you. If I didn't buy anything before I used my NBUS I would never get to buy another thing in my lifetime!

Leslie Miller said...

You crafted your heart out on this gorgeous card, Bonnie! Die cut, emboss, stencil, background... there's a lot to this collection and you're doing some amazing things with it. My friend has given up craft shopping for Lent in previous years. It's harder than one might think.

nancy littrell said...

Love your softly smooshed background for your pretty stenciled and die cut magnolia blooms. Your gold die cut sentiment was a beautiful embellishment too. TFS Bonnie...Love and Hugs..Nancy

Lisa Elton said...

Oh yes, the struggle is real! Even more so when space is limited. Hang in there, you only have a few more weeks to go! Your magnolias are perfectly charming, Bonnie. I see no problems with your stenciling, this is pretty!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very beautiful Bonnie.
Faith x

Nstiz said...

You hit one out of the park with this one, Bonnie. This definitely has a WOW factor!! It's so elegant and the colors are just so soft and beautiful! LOVE this- can you tell?

Bonnie said...

Drop the mic, what an inspiration. Love that it is a LARGE one. Next time you end up with more color than you wanted, water down some white acrylic and brayer that on. You can always add more color back in if you get too white.

Pat said...

This is fantastic Bonnie and love the smooshed background, such pretty colours and the magnolia is a beauty. x

Susan said...

Such gorgeous soft colours! I love the way you shaded the flowers and did such a beautiful smooshed background.

kiwimeskreations said...

An exquisite card Bonnie - this is so beautiful, and the fine gold sentiment is perfect to add to the elegant look of it.
Blessings
Maxine

Ros Crawford said...

Stunningly beautiful!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done. that dreamy wash is fantastic.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Love that background… has so much movement! Great job using the stencils and getting the most out of this set.

Shirley H said...

I love all your cards made with the magnolia EF.

Which brand and what weight mixed media paper do you prefer? Thank you, I've never tried it before.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, this is stunning, Bonnie! Love the soft stenciled colors, the embossed texture, the smooshed background, and the white backdrop. Gorgeous colors and wonderful design!
Hideko xx

marilyn said...

This is truly a lovely card...but as I read all the products you needed to create this, I was somewhat stunned! $51 (Not incl tax/shippin) for the 3 products used..not counting the stamps for another $24! OUCH... The dies are somewhat useless without another product, which is disappointing..but clearly that's what Altenew had in mind. I salute you in not buy crafty things during Lent! Has to be tough...I'm not opening any of the marketing emails I receive daily...temptation and all that! Thanks for sharing you beautiful cards!

TK said...

When you have a card and flowers this pretty, it's pretty easy to see why you want to show it as much love as possible. Really pretty!

My Paper Epiphany said...

It looks perfect to me! I love the pretty Spring colours!

BożenA said...

This set from Altenew is beautiful, Bonnie. I have the stamp and templates, but I haven't been able to look at them yet. Looking at your card makes me want to try to create something with my set. Your card is so beautiful!
Hugs,
BozenA