Monday, September 28, 2026

Copper Tree

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

When I saw Donna's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, I immediately
thought of this pennant die set and Christmas trees.


What to do beyond that took a bit longer!

Here's Donna's sketch...


I still had some scraps of copper paper on my table from some recent cards
and it made me think of copper trees.  Originally I was going to go with
stars on the tree, but then decided on snowflakes. So sparkly snowflakes came to play.

An embossed background didn't seem right and I remembered this pack of gold
 embossed vellum that's been in my stash for years.  I think it worked
perfectly for a background.

I used a larger snowflake for Donna's circle and added the foiled sentiment
at the base of the 'tree'.

Only a few hours to enter.  Do check out the wonderful inspiration of the
Design Team and the lovely gallery at





Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil, Copper Paper (?), Glimmer, Embossed Vellum (ret SU)
Other:  Stacking Pennant dies (Honey Bee), Snowflake dies & punches, Border die (ret SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Simply perfect my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm always smitten with the vellum that you have, Bonnie - yes, it is just the perfect background for your wonderful copper tree! Donna is going to love it, too! Thanks so much for playing along!
=]

JoAnn said...

A lovely copper tree and perfect take on the sketch. The embossed vellum is the perfect background. Have a great week my friend.

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and oh so elegant Bonnie! I too love the special vellum in your background along with the copper tree and sparkly snowflakes! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)