Saturday, September 26, 2026

Sunflower

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Cooler weather has finally arrived and it looks like we'll be enjoying it for
more than two days.  Yay!


This is a shameful CASE of Bobby's inspiration card for CAS Mix Up.  I changed the colors and
sentiment.  I also added an embossed background.  Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

I used the same stamp that Bobby used which has been retired.  Papertrey ink has
another stamp set that is similar called Framed in Flowers. 

I've stamped and heat embossed in gold and used Tombow markers and my
waterbrush to color the sunflower and stem.  The background was done wet on wet
with Distress Re-inker.

To add a gold frame, I tapped the edges in VersaMark and heat
embossed with gold powder.  It's subtle but adds so much.

The design piece is popped up with foam.

I did another for Craft Group using a colored background like Bobby did only
I used yellow.  The camera turned that yellow much darker than IRL.


Everyone had fun adding ladybugs, bees or butterflies to their cards.

Challenges:
CAS Mix Up - Watercolor Sunflower
Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. - Embossing
The Neglected Stuff - Sunflower stamp not used in years
Triple B - Birds, Blooms or Butterflies

  
 




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Botanical Blocks (PTI)
Ink:   Encore Gold, Chocolate Chip
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neenah Solar White, Crushed Curry
Other:  Gold EP, A2 Rectangle die (WF), Tombow (062, 025, 947, 879, 126, 158), Burlap EF (HB), Molded Frame EF (SB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Both cards are just beautiful my friend! (Don't you just hate it when your camera changes the actual color of your creations! Ugh!) Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B & Neglected Stuff challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B Challenge Co-Owner
Neglected Stuff Co-Owner

Bobby said...

Not shameful at all, Bonnie. I'm honored that you CASE'd my card yet made it your own. The panel looks great with embossing and that frame embossing really makes an impact on colored cardstock. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix-up.

Sandy said...

You are really on a roll!!!! Your sunflower is amazing - love it!!
Cooler weather for you and for me - I love that too!
Keep those cards and letters coming - it really is a pleasure seeing your creations.
Sandy xx

LeAnne said...

That sunflower is gorgeous! The embossing really brings out the details! So very pretty!

I Card Everyone said...

It's a glorious stamp and I love it just as much today as I did when I bought it years ago!
Bonnie, you have me wondering - have I ever gold embossed it? OH, this is so gorgeous - especially with that extra bit on the edge of your panel! Since I am a huge fan of curry your second card is very appealing to me, too!
=]

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful sunflower cards. Love them both Bonnie, especially the gold embossing and the touch of gold around the edges on the first one, and embossed background. The colored background on the second one makes the sunflower pop.

Crafty Sue said...

I enjoyed coloring this in crafting. Thanks for the tip on embossing the edges, it really does make an impact on the card. Thanks for sharing.