Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Glittering it up for CAS Mix Up

Hi.  I hope you are having a sparkly day!


My studio is really sparkling these days!

The CAS Mix Up Challenge this month is
Using stamping, glitter, splash watercolour, fiber elements and heat embossing

I started out thinking Christmas, but then my mojo went in a totally different direction!

I'm going to blame Mac Mable for that.  Her card and tag made me go AWOL!

Thanks for the wonderful inspiration Mac!

I've had these leaves in my stash for several years and Mac's feathers made me think of them.

I messed up a few and discovered that less is definitely more with glitter!

First I spread some glue on the edge of a leaf and dumped some glitter over it.

While the glue was drying and hopefully securing the glitter (does anything really secure glitter?),

When everything was dry, I adhered the leaves, a little stamping and 
heat embossing and I was finished.

There are some great tutorials on using glitter.  You'll find links at

There's also some amazing inspriation cards over there. 
Our Design team and Guest Designer, Robyn (Waterlily cards by Robyn)
have outdone themselves with their beautiful creations!

Hope to see your glittery creations over there.

Challenge is open until the 24th.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sprinkles and Smiles (PB)
Ink:   Encore Gold , Peacock Feathers (DI)
Paper:   Neena, Mixed Media (St)
Other:  Gold Glitter, Gold EP (SU), Wired Cord (Michaels), Leaves, Sequins (stash)


26 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Your skeleton leaves look lovely with their edges of gold glitter Bonnie and your blue splash watercolor background really sets them off! Julia xx

Betty said...

absolutely gorgeous card, Bonnie - maybe i'll use up some of my stash of glitter now.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

VERY beautiful card Bonnie, love the glitter on the leaves and the beautiful background.
Faith
x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Those feathers are really pretty with some sparkle on them Bonnie. And they look lovely against that great background piece you created! Have a great day! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

jimlynn said...

I can see the shine all the way down here. GORGEOUS!
Lynn

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful sparkly leaves, a perfect sentiment and a GREAT background to showcase them! Lovely, lovely card Bonnie! :0)

Robyn Oliver said...

Bonnie your 'glitter' card is just stunning - the gold and aqua colours go so beautifully together and what a fabulous idea of Mac's with the skeleton leaves... love it all Robyn

Mac Mable said...

Wow...That's made my day...fancy you being inspired by my creations...I am honoured x I absolutely love your card Bonnie. The colours are fabulous, the skeleton leaves are delicate and so very pretty. Trying to get glitter less is more, is a challenge in itself....It is still floating around my craft space. I adore this Bonnie, thank you so much for the shout out...Thank you too for the wonderful inspiration xx

Barb said...

Oh this is fabulous Bonnie. Barbxx

Bunny said...

Beautiful. Love the gold glitter and the nice leaves. Cute tiny little bow. [Bunny]

MaryH said...

Awesome! The gold bling against the turquoise/aqua of the watercolor background is just stunning. Were these purchased leaves you glittered, (I'm not seeing a die for them, so assume so). Brilliant idea to use these as you did. Wonder if this would work with veined leaves cut from vellum? So pretty, and it's just gorgeous! TFS & Hugs

Loll said...

Those leaves are AMAZING!! LOVE the delicate look of the semi-transparent leaves. They are even more amazing edged with glitter. Great design and love that bright blue splashed background. xx

Nstiz said...

WOW WOW WOW! Those leaves definitely have a WOW factor, Bonnie and what you did with them adds to them even more. Love the background. The glitter adds so much pizzazz to them. This one caught my eye immediately in the notification. It's SO well done!

Christine Alexander said...

I'm loving all this inspiration, such an amazing CASE. Gorgeous colours and so glittery :)

nancy littrell said...

Oh my Bonnie, you have out done yourself on your gorgeous Splash background (love the color) and pretty glittery feather:-) I love every single detail my friend. TFS Hugs

Susan said...

Jaw-droppingly fabulous, Bonnie! I love the leaves from your stash totally turned into gorgeous sparkly things with their edges of glitter. Perfect against the simple splashed background.

Ina G said...

OMGosh Bonnie this is stunningly beautiful. That simple background is perfect for those amazing glittered leaves. I agree with you regarding Mac's tag/card. She really floored me with them. You have certainly sparkled yourself here. Totally love this card and the subtle colours - and it is CAS!

Bobby said...

Those leaves are gorgeous, Bonnie, but I can imagine they're fragile.

Pat said...

Such a pretty gold glitter effect on your leaves Bonnie and the blue splash background is so bright and beautiful, and I love the gold embossed sentiment and sequins to finish. x

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. That glittery leaf is gorgeous against that fabulous splash background.

Greta said...

Artsy & beautiful, Bonnie!

Susanne Vargas said...

This card is spectacular, Bonnie! The splashed background and those gorgeous, glittered leaves make me swoon! I think I also have some of those skeleton leaves in my stash...

Kirsi said...

Oh this is sooo beautiful card! Beautiful layout and colours!

Karen Dunbrook said...

great watery bkg to showcase your lovely leaves on top of...well done
xx Karen

Darnell said...

Gosh, I finally got rid of my leaves like that last year and now I wish I hadn't! This is spectacular, Bon-Bon! I need to get some time to watch the splash videos as I love the look!! Hugs, Dolly

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, what a beautiful card, Bonnie! I LOVE it! Your splash watercolour background is arty and the glittery leaves are gorgeous! As you say, the subtle effect of glitter looks more elegant. Hugs.. Hideko