Sunday, November 12, 2017

Ornament Tags

Hello.

I'm sharing some more tags today.

I'm behind so I'm doubling up.

These are for Loll's Tag Event


Using stamping, coloring with markers, heat embossing, die cutting and fussy cutting.
This was done on a die cut stitched rectangle that had a sprig of holly stamped
and colored.  I believe the holly was colored by swiping markers on a
palette and picking up the color with a Blender Pen.

I went over the stems and some of the leaves with a Gold Gel Pen for a little
elegance.

The ornament was stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink, smacked in the VersaMark
and clear embossed so it is shiny like the vintage glass balls
that are among my favorite tree decorations.

I stamped the sentiment crooked (as usual) and had to do another a put it on top.

I'd gotten behind so here's another tag.
Using stamping, heat embossing, punches, die cuts, watercolor and dry embossing.

I found this ornament that had been punched from a piece of watercolor. 
I'm thinking the coloring was done with Brushos...or maybe not.

I added a little silver joy to the center of the ornament and some twine
to hang it from.

The pine sprigs were stamped with white pigment ink and heat embossed
and the sentiment was also heat embossed, this time with silver.

To add a bit more texture, I used my favorite embossing folder on the larger 
background tag and tied it all up with some silver twine.

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Recipe (Tag 1)
Stamps:  Ornamental Pines, Delicate Ornaments (retired SU), Holiday Snippets
Ink:   Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, SU Markers, Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Garden Green)
Paper:   Neena
Other:  Stitched Rectangles Die (LI), VersaMark, Clear EP, Gold Gel Pen, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding

Recipe (Tag 2)
Stamps:  Christmas Pines (SU)
Ink:  Whisper White (SU), Encore Gold
Paper:  Cucumber Crush, Glimmer Silver (SU), Neena, Watercolor
Other:  Brusho (?), Joy Die (Elizabeth Crafts), Main St. Pinpoint Tags Dies (PS), White EP, Silver EP (SU), Square Lattice EF, Ornament Punch, Silver Twine (ret. SU)



20 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these are just lovely Bonnie! Your bright red and glossy ornament is so pretty and love the holly leaves with the gold going through them too...SOOOO elegant! And I stamp crooked sentiments ALL the time...I think my eyes are crooked! I also love your bright green tag...so fun and festive!! :0)

Mac Mable said...

Such a vintage looking first card, love the clear embossing on it to look like glass and the extra bit of gold....gorgeous x Striking second tag, the colours are vibrant and the embossing folder adds great dimension x

Christine Alexander said...

love the vintage colours of your first card, the red ribbon so pretty, and the second is so elegant in it's simplicity.

Liz said...

Two fabulous tags, Bonnie. I love the bauble on the first one and the texture on the second is just lovely. xx

Loll said...

Two beautiful tags, Bonnie. Love your vintage ornament ... gorgeous with the holly sprig. Great idea to outline the image with a gold pen - adds even more elegance. Darn those crooked sentiments! :) Great save with the banner.

And another beauty from your UFO box. Gorgeous colours on your ornament. Love the subtle sparkle in behind with the heat embossed pine sprigs. Thanks so much for joining my tag event!! xx

Nstiz said...

I love both your tags, Bonnie! Love the techniques you used on these to design them. The pine sprigs look awesome in your background and your red and gold ornament- beautiful! I love ornaments for Christmas cards and tags. Can't have enough of those!

Bunny said...

These are beautiful, Bonnie. I really like those pine sprigs. [Bunny]

Ina G said...

WOW WOW WOW Bonnie - what beautiful tags you have created. Love the very traditional colours on the first one and the stamping on that bauble. You shouldn't have mentioned the crooked bit. We would never have known.
The cas style of your second tag is stunning. Beautiful silver leaves and great touch with the embossed background.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous tags

JosieD said...

Both tags are so good looking! Smiled at your using the SU Square Lattice EF....I also turn to that one so often as it adds the perfect touch...a true oldie but goodie. Happy tag making!

nancy littrell said...

Both your tags are so pretty and festive, Bonnie. Love your colors and textures. TFS Hugs

JoAnn said...

Love both of your tags. The beautiful red ornament on the first tag caught my eye, love it. I stamp my greetings crooked too, so you are not alone, but thank goodness we have ways of correcting it. :)
Have a wonderful week.

BożenA said...

Oh Bonnie !!! The tag is beautiful, I love the shade of green that you used. But this card above ... wow !! I love your bauble! I do not know if you have such a beautiful stamp of ornaments, did you cut the ornament and stamped the ornament? I do not know how you did it, but it looks brilliant!
Hugs,
BożenA

Susan said...

Beautiful, especially the first one - so much lovely detail but still CAS. Love the rich red and gold of the ornament.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beautiful tags, Bonnie - just love all the textures!!

Darnell said...

Two more fresh and beautiful tags, Bon-Bon! Love the way your ornaments take center stage!! Hugs, Dolly

maria f. said...

Oh so pretty. That red ornament is just perfect! BTW, saw your comment about embossing powder and keeping it in place over at Jules'. Tip... heat from the bottom and the fragments won't blow around. I've done this, sprinkling EP on water droplets and it works.

Julia Aston said...

Such lovely ornament tags Bonnie! I LOVE the cherry gobler one with its beautiful design - and the clear embossed pine branch on the green one adds lovely texture! Julia xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous tags mf...love the rich feel they have.
xx Karen

Bobby said...

Great ornament tags, Bonnie. I love the design on the red one.