Friday, July 19, 2019

Gardens for Twofer

Hello friends.

First of all I want to thank you for your birthday wishes and cards.
It was a milestone birthday this year and you helped to make it a really special birthday!


The Twofer Challenge this month

I realize that my garden is kind of a bird's eye (or drone's) view.
I hope I'm not stretching it too much but this stamp had been in my NBUS box long enough!

First up...
I used one of my favorite techniques.  I've white heat embossed the stamping and used
my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and a waterbrush to watercolor.

For my twofer...
This one was a little bit tricky.  I started by stamping the entire
image with Antique Linen Distress ink.

Then I inked the largest flower with a
Distress Marker and pulled the color into the flower with my waterbrush.
(This technique works best for the no-line watercolor look.)

All was well.

Then I did the same with one of the smaller flowers.

Okay.  We're doing good here.

Then, oh no! The paper shifted and the next stamping made that blue flower
go all blurry to my eyes!

Hating to give up a perfectly good piece of watercolor paper, I
trudged on using Distress Markers swiped on a palette and
watercolor pencils and whatever else I could think of to color the rest of the image.

It wasn't the best of results!

But, Nancy showed us a technique at the retreat where you cut a
less than perfect (or a perfect) image and split it up on the card front.

Saved!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Hello Lovely (C9), Bouquet of Thanks (SSS)
Ink:   Whisper White, Midnight Muse (SU)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 Series), Neenah
Other:  White EP, Zig CCRBM (#21 Lt. Carmine, #29 Geranium Red, #51 Lemon Yellow, #50 Yellow, #52 Brt. Yellow, #41 Lt. Green, #43 Olive Green, #37 Cornflower Blue, #49 Green Shadow), Sequins

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Hello Lovely (C9), Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:    Antique Linen (DI), Chocolate Chip (SU), Distress Markers
Paper:   Mixed Media, Neenah
Other:  Watercolor Pencils, Foam Sheet, Sequins


27 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Bonnie, these are so pretty. I love the colors and the cut apart design is great. That's a wonderful way to save a card. Hope your birthday was terrific.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are very beautiful, something I didn't know was spreading a marker with a paintbrush? Hope you had a wonderful birthday. Welcome to the 3 score years and ten brigade.
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

Such a great save and what beautiful cards, both of them. The stamped image is stunning and love how you've coloured them, so creative x So glad you enjoyed your birthday Bonnie x

Marcia Hill said...

Your birds eye view of both garden cards are just beautiful Bonnie and I would never have known you had any issues with the 2nd card! Lovely, lovely coloring on both!! :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Holy smokes, Bonnie, these are gorgeous! Each stamping and coloring method is stunning. Whatever fault you saw in the second card has completely disappeared. I like the split idea. I'm so glad you shared these in the Twofer gallery!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie - one would never know that the second card gave you so much grief!
Blessings
Maxine

Sue - said...

Belated happy birthday Bonnie! Two pretty cards. I really like the idea of splitting a less than perfect image to save it. Great idea.

JosieD said...

Your coloring techniques always amaze me...they look so artful and natural...these 2 cards show that for sure. I want to be able to color like you when I grow up!! (Big Smile..)

Anita in France said...

Goodness, these are just so lovely, Bonnie ... love how you framed that wonderful friendship sentiment with the softly no-line-watercoloured panel ... and what beautiful colouring on your thank you card ... it's vibrant, bright, summery and just gorgeous! Belated Happy Birthday ... glad to hear you had a wonderful one! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous twofers and a brilliant save, Bonnie! Beautiful watercoloring as always. Both so colorful and cheery. Now that I have some Tombow markers, I may have to try that watercolor pulling technique. xx

Brenda said...

Well your twofer's are just stunning Bonnie. I love the stamp you used and I love how you colored both of them. The second one is so pretty split in half and the sentiment in the middle. I didn't see any blurry flowers, but it was a nice save by doing that. Both are just stunning Bonnie, just stunning. So glad your milestone birthday was a great one! Hugs, Brenda

Nstiz said...

These are beautifully painted, Bonnie! Love the soft colors and bright highlights of the first one as well as the bolder colors of the second one. Glad I'm not the only one that has the paper shift like that but great save! I'll have to remember that little trick.

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards. Love your pretty coloring and how you split the second one. TFS

Darnell said...

Whether lined or no-line, your floral paintings just get lovelier and lovelier, Bonnie! I love the fresh, bright and summery colors you used! And great idea to fix a flaw (that prolly only you could see!) with the fab cut-up technique! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

Christine Alexander said...

wow, gorgeous Bonnie, I love both the white heat embossed flowers have a little pop to them and your no line are beautiful :)

Susan said...

They are beautiful, Bonnie! Especially the thank you one with the little splatter of white and the perfectly placed sequins. Lovely colours in both of them.

Loll said...

Two gorgeous watercoloured images Bonnie! Love the softness of the white embossing with all that gorgeous summery colours of the flowrs. Your second card is FANTASTIC!! I love this technique that you have mastered. Your garden is gorgeous and it really does look hand painted. Great save with splitting the image to add in your sentiment. Looks AMAZING! xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow...so gorgeous.
x Karen

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous garden twofers, Bonnnie. The heat-embossed & Zig colored flowers have wonderful shades of colors and I love the beautiful color combination of the the non-line technique card. I read twice but I can't tell where you went wrong. The split card front design is so cool!
Hideko xx

Vicky Hayes said...

These are both just gorgeous Bonnie and bursting with glorious colour! That split panel technique is a favourite of mine, whether there are 'mistakes' or not! :)

Kara Lynne said...

These are beautiful, Bonnie! You've inspired me - I need to do more heat embossing and pull out those Zigs! Your no line painting is gorgeous! Such a great save to cut in the sentiment! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing how you "saved" your card!

HilaryJane said...

These cards are fabulous, the second one has a looser feel which is really effective, no sign of any mess up to me so very well recovered. It is funny how you always see the imperfections in things you have made but others rarely do. So glad you had a good birthday xx

Jo said...

Two beautiful and very different, all with the same stamp. I love the colour variations on the first and the artsiness of the second. Joyful bouquets from a special joyful lady xxx

Sandy said...

And your artwork means the world to me -- beautifully made and colored!
Sandy xx

Sandy said...

Your save is perfect - seems like you save would take a lot of skill!
Sandy xx

BożenA said...

Two beautiful cards, Bonnie. First perfect thanks to the white emboss, which beautifully holds colors. But the second card is equally beautiful. I did not know that dividing a card serves to camouflage errors, because I do not see them in this card. Colors diverge differently on the card, they are more intense, but thanks to this this card has a completely different character.
xx