Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sparkly Snowman for Jingle Belles

Hello friends.

I hope you are having a good weekend.
If it's as hot where you are as it is here, I hope this will cool you off.


This snowman was done using the Encrusted Jewels technique.

I used heavy cardstock which I die cut with this fun snowman die.
 My pancake griddle came out of storage and I used it to melt some clear embossing
powder on the die cut.  BTW, I used an oven mat to cover the top of the grill to keep 
the griddle clean and a piece of parchment under the die cut to make
it easy to move when everything was melted.

When the embossing powder was nice and melted into a puddle, I dropped
some Shaved Ice into it.  When the Shaved Ice was melted into the clear puddle,
I carefully removed the parchment paper and picked the die cut
off the paper with a paint spatula.

In real life it looks icy and I'm not seeing the pink that the photo shows.
As I move the card, the iridescence picks up all kinds of colors. 

I've die cut an aperture and put added a background piece that's
been sponged with Distress Ink and splattered with water.

I found some iridescent ribbon in my stash to tie around the top of the card.

I'm entering this at Jingle Belles where they're playing Tic Tac Toe
I'm not sure if the shaved ice is considered glitter or not.
If not it is definitely blingy!  So I'm using the row across the top
or down the right side.  Hopefully this works for one way.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Festive Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Versafine Smokey Gray
Paper:   Neenah
Other:  Snowman Joy Die (PB), Stitched Arch Stax (MFT), Shaved Ice (Stampendous), Kars Snowflake EF (ret. Cuttlebug), Clear EP (WOW)


10 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the sparkly snowman ... so glad you joined our game of Tic-Tac-Toe at Jingle Belles.

Christine Alexander said...

Wonderful Snowman Bonnie, I love all the sparkle :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a shiny snowman Bonnie - I love him!!
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

What a glorious and shiny Snowman, who looks like he is having so much fun in the snow x. Stunning effect with the technique Bonnie and what a beautiful card x.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...that is one SPARKLY snowman Bonnie!! He definitely looks like he is filled with joy and who wouldn't be all nestled into your beautiful little Winter scene?!! FABULOUS card my friend!! :0)

Trina P. said...

What a striking card, Bonnie. Your encrusted snowman is fun and looks like a jewel piece. Great job covering two rows of the tic-tac-toe. xx

Jeanne H said...

A wonderful snowman card, Bonnie. Love the shine and that snowman die.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, that snowman really really is a showstopper! especially against the gloriously inky custom background! superb! thanks for joining our tic-tac-toe fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Jo said...

He is delightful and joyful. Reminds me of my little Victor when it snows outside, ready for some snow fun! The dry embossing, iridescence and speckled BG are the perfect FIT. Definitely time for joy! XX

BożenA said...

Such a funny card, Bonnie. And sentiment fits her perfectly. A great card for refreshment in the hot summer. We all know how difficult it is to take a picture that will show all the beauty of our cards. Sometimes the light lies in real colors, sometimes we can't catch the glow ... I'm sure this snowman looks stunning.
Hugs,
BozenA