Monday, July 1, 2019

Lifted Butterfly for CAS Mix Up

Hi there.  It's time for a new challenge at
CAS Mix Up

My mixed media are Alcohol Ink, Alcohol Ink Lift, Stamping and Dry Embossing

I'm hosting this month and I chose....

I've had a pad of the Tim Holtz Alcohol Lift Ink for a year and it
was still sealed.  I thought it was about time to use it!

I pulled out a background alcohol inked piece, inked my stamp
with the Alcohol Lift Ink and pressed it onto the background.

I found it was a good idea to use the MISTI and a background
that wasn't real dark and thick with ink.

I used the Lift Ink several times letting the image dry then
buffing with a paper towel each time.

You can't see it in this picture but the background is dry embossed
with the Subtle Embossing Folder.

I had a piece of cardstock ready so I could use the stamp
with the lifted alcohol ink onto it.


I think I actually like this one better!  I love the way the colors lay down.

I stamped the diagonal striped with my WOW Embossing Pad and
clear embossed it for this card background.

I had a smudge in the bottom left so I pulled out some little
flat embellishments that my sweet friend Colleen gifted me and
decided to add a few rhinestones for glitz.

Our Design Team is joined by Michelle W. this month
and they have some beautiful cards to inspire you.
There's links to video tutorials at CAS Mix Up too.

I hope you get to play along.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Social Butterfly (PB), Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah, Yupo
Other:  Alcohol Ink Lift (TH), Alcohol Ink (Rngr), Subtle EF (SU)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Social Butterfly (PB), Fun Birthday Sentiments (HLS), Diagonal Stripes Background (SSS)
Ink:   WOW Emb. Pad, Bermuda Bay (SU)
Paper:   Neenah, Bermuda Bay (SU)
Other:  Alcohol Ink Lift pad (TH), Clear EP (SU), Embellishments (PPP), Rhinestones (SU)


20 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such vibrant colours on your first amazing card Bonnie. The lift technique looks stunning and thank you for the tips. Great to get the two cards from the one technique. The second card is beautiful and so unique with how the alcohol ink colours have stamped. Great save with the smudge x Two beautiful cards Bonnie and thank you for the fun challenge this month x.

Carole said...

Haven't heard of this stamp pad Bonnie...clever technique and I love the butterfly that is stamped from the lift...gorgeous xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are gorgeous.
Faith x

Nstiz said...

Both of these are wonderful and how I love that stamp! I too haven't used my Lift Ink but you inspired me to try it now. I'm particularly drawn to the bold and vibrant color of your green one. Great cards, Bonnie!

Liz said...

Super card, Bonnie and what a clever idea to make a second card with the removed alcohol ink. xx

Barb Ghig said...

Both cards turned out beautifully, Bonnie! I love the ghosted impression on the first one and how your ink colors blended on the 2nd card...WOW! I haven't tried using my Alcohol Lift Ink with stamps yet, but you have really inspired me to give it a go...Thanks!

Loll said...

Great job Bonnie!! I didn't know about the paper towel part until I read Michelle's post for CMU ... now I know what I was doing wrong, I'll have to try the pad again. You had great results. I LOVE that butterfly stamp and see some shopping in my future. :) The stamped butterfly with the lifted ik is beautiful. A twofer ... gotta love that! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Both images are gorgeous Bonnie, beautiful colours for your lift and love the stamped image using the ink. Fantastic twofer :) BTW after seeing your cards I had to buy the subtle EF :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous Bonnie - love them
Blessings
Maxine

Viv said...

Two great cards Bonnie. Struggling with the Lift Ink Pad so likely going to resort to the good old paper towel and blending solution! x

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful, Bonnie. They both are great and getting a twofer is always nice.

Jo said...

I love both. Flowers and butterflies are my FAVE! These cards are no exception. The first is so dreamy and the second so crisp, can't chose. Love the striped BG too. These colours are the best xx

Marcia Hill said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie and I like both of them equally as well! Your 1st card is so pretty in it's vibrancy, and your 2nd card is so soft and delicate and lovely...well done on both!! :0)

nancy littrell said...

I love both your Alcohol Lift butterfly and your stamped butterfly cards, Bonnie. I was so inspired that I rummaged thru my Alcohol Ink stash and found a pretty background to stamp an Alcohol Ink Lift image and it worked:-) Just finished a card tonight. I will be sharing on your challenge in a few days:-) TFS and inspiring me as always, my friend. Hugs...Nancy

Susan said...

I love both of them. I think it's fabulous the way the Lift-Off ink gives you two cards with such different looks. Beautiful greens and blues! Great backgrounds on both - I had to buy the Subtle ef after seeing yours! And I love the diagonal heat embossed stripes on the second card.

Trina P. said...

Bonnie, I think my lift ink pad is still sealed and unopened, too. May have to break it out. Wonderful AI lifting resulting in two beautiful twofers. xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, you used the Social Butterfly stamp in a totally different way from the previous post, Bonnie!
Love them both! The ghosted butterfly looks amazing with the gorgeous green AI background.
The stamped butterfly with the lifted ink is so pretty. Love the blended colors and the clear-embossed diagonal stripes.
Thank you for choosing this fun challenge!
Hideko xx

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous butterfly lifted off your AI panel Bonnie! and how fun to get a stamping from the process for another card as well! Both are lovely! xx

Bobby said...

The second card is amazing, Bonnie. You really lifted that ink. I tried it once when I first got the ink lifter and was disappointed. Maybe I should try it again.

BożenA said...

This technique gives spectacular results. Both paintings, although so different, are unique and very beautiful. The AI background is always the power of color, but the card that comes after removing the AI part is always outstanding. I love its delicacy, it perfectly matches the image of the butterfly, which is the quintessence of lightness.
Hugs,
BozenA