Saturday, December 28, 2019

Butterflies

Hello friends.  I'm glad you stopped by today.

I have a threefer of butterflies to share with you today.
These are cards I'd done through the year and never got on my blog.


My butterfly was stamped and heat embossed on vellum and
colored on the back with Zigs and a barely damp waterbrush.

When it was dry, I fussy cut it and trimmed down a piece of dry embossed leaves for
him to perch on.  Then I framed it all in some gray "white space".


This card uses a sweet little butterfly stamp by Lost Coast Designs.

I had the die cut in my UFO box with the background all picked out.
The background was smooshed on cardstock with re-inker and frost white paint.
All it needed was this fussy cut butterfly and a sentiment to finish it off.
He's been heat embossed and watercolored.

I love it when I can use one of those UFOs!


This beautiful die cut butterfly was from a play with my friend Nance (Soul Stampin' Designs).

It makes such a Quick And CAS card when paired with a colorful background
with Lindy's Magicals splashed onto coated cardstock.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Butterfly Trio (PB)
Ink:   Wow Embossing Pad
Paper:   Smokey Gray, Vellum Cardstock (SU), Neenah (110 lb. solar white)
Other:  Black EP (SU), Zigs (Lt. Blue, Violet), Stitched Square Die (SSS), Layered leaves EF, Subtle Texture EF (SU)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps: Butterflies Set (Lost Coast Designs), Thoughtful Wishes (Stampendous)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah, Whisper White
Other:  Mixed Media #2 Die (TH), Re-inkers (Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy), Frost White Paint

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps: Thankful Wishes (Stampendous)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:  Neenah, Coated
Other:  Flickering Butterfly Collage (PS), Lindy's Magicals

21 comments:

Pat said...

Three different and very prettily designed butterfly cards Bonnie and I adore them all. x

Marcia Hill said...

These are all absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie, but I'm especially loving the 3rd one with that gorgeous colored background to show through all the die cut pieces of the butterfly! You're also making me long for warmer temps, but I guess I can't complain too much as we had upper 50's for Christmas Day and the day after! Reality returned yesterday and it's COLD!! Thanks for the reminder that no matter what, SPRING will return!! Have a great weekend my friend! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful threefer of butterflies Bonnie, I've always love the first butterfly. It's so delicate.

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous butterfly cards, all three of them but the first one is extra special for me as I love the grey card stock and that ever so delicate and pretty butterfly x. I hope you enjoyed the festive period and made lovely memories? x.

Loll said...

Three beautiful butterfly cards Bonnie! Each one is so creative with gorgeous colours. Always great to use some things from the UFO box. Helps to make quick cards too! :) It's been great catching up on your posts I've missed over the past couple of weeks. Nice to have some relaxing time, don't you think??!! xx

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie these are exquisite - loving your beautiful backgrounds behind the wonderful butterflies
Blessings
Maxine

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

All three cards are lovely. I’m glad you had a chance to blog them.

I Card Everyone said...

Three gorgeous flutter-bys, Bonnie!! No doubt which is my favorite, right? xx
Happy New Year, my friend!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

Three completely stunning cards and all so different. None of my UFO things look this good but yours are wonderful for cards. The Lindy Magicals are really gorgeous and made a lovely background. Happiest New Year to you and your family, Bonnie.

Julia Aston said...

What different and beautiful butterflies you have on each of your lovely cards Bonnie! The first one so soft on the vellum, the second so lovey against that cut out with blue behind it and the third a die cut out itself with a beautiful rainbow of colors behind! wishing you a wonderful 2020~ xx

Bobby said...

Each butterfly is unique in it's coloring, shape and surroundings, Bonnie, and equally beautiful.

Susan said...

What a beautiful trio of butterfly cards, Bonnie! My favourite is the second one with the lovely blue showing through the die cut. The first one reminded me that I don't need to use a whole panel from an embossing folder - I never think to cut them down. And the third has such a happy blend of colours - makes me feel good just looking at it!

JoAnn said...

Three beautiful butterfly cards. Love the design of each one but the second is my favorite with all the blues. So pretty showing through the die cut panel. TFS Happy New Year.

BożenA said...

WOW! Three amazing cards, Bonnie. When I saw the first card I was impressed by the butterfly, but when I saw the second card I was speechless by the impression. Your butterfly has such amazing colors !! stunning
Hugs,
BożenA xx

Robyn Oliver said...

WOW three gorgeous butterfly cards, like you I have a few cards made or partly finished in my stash - these are really lovely and like birds I love seeing butterflies in the garden - wonderful, hugs Robyn

Nstiz said...

All three cards are gorgeous, Bonnie and beautifully designed! After all the holiday excitement it's nice to see you jump right back into cards.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, gorgeous butterfly trio, Bonnie! I love the colors of all three butterflies and the wonderful designs (completely different form each other)!
Happy crafty new year, my friend!
Hideko xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous butterflies shown off so beautifully.
Faith x

Trina P. said...

Beautiful butterfly threefers, Bonnie. Like the others, that first one is exquisite and is my favourite.

TK said...

Very beautiful, Bonnie! Each has its own special delight!