Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Berries for Twofer

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


Today I'm joining in at the Twofer Challenge.
 

I hope these designs are different enough. 

Firstly are the blackberries.
They are mounted on a piece of Bruso smoosh and the card base is a
deep Purple that's been subtly embossed.

I've inked the stamp with Distress Markers and
 stamped on Mixed Media paper.  Using my waterbrush, I moved
the colors around.  Looks like I moved the color in the sentiment
a bit too much! 

My Twofer....

This time they are raspberries, one of my favorite fruits.

I've stamped with Archival ink onto Neenah cardstock and used Distress Ink 
smooshed on my palette to pick up the color.

This started out as a full card front but somehow, it picked up some
turquoise paint that was on my work space.

By the time I figured out where it was coming from and cleaned it up,
I'd "infected" a card base and several places on the design.

Fortunately I could salvage the strip with the berries.

I've used that Subtle Embossing Folder to add texture to the design piece
but the camera refuses to see it.

Thanks to the gals at the Twofer challenge that chose my 
cards as co-winners last month.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Blackberries (Serendipity/IO), Bouquet of Thanks (SSS)
Ink:   Concord Crush (SU), Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Brushed Corduroy, Mustard Seed (DM)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Concord Crush (SU)
Other:  Brusho (Orange), Double Pierced Rectangle Die (SSS), Subtle EF (SU)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Blackberries (Serendipity/IO), Tiny Sayings (AE)
Ink:  Jet Black Archival, Whisper White (SU), Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Peeled Paint (DI)
Paper:  Neeenah, Rich Razzleberry
Other:  Subtle EF (SU), White EP, Waterbrush 


23 comments:

jimlynn said...

Those berries look good enough to eat and just pop off the card! Fabulous.
Lynn

Darnell said...

That stamp is like getting two for the price of one, considering that you can use it effectively for either blackberries or raspberries, something you did very well on your Twofer designs, Bon! I love the way you carried the fruit colors to the background paper, which makes the fruit pop even more on both these pretty cards! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #24! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

That stamp is like getting two for the price of one, considering that you can use it effectively for either blackberries or raspberries, something you did very well on your Twofer designs, Bon! I love the way you carried the fruit colors to the background paper, which makes the fruit pop even more on both these pretty cards! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #24! Hugs, Darnell

Christine Alexander said...

Raspberries and Blackberries, yum can't wait for summer. Great cards :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Bliss - raspberries are 'done' here, but the blackberries are producing abundantly - your cards are mouth-wateringly gorgeous Bonnie!
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Dunbrook said...

these are so beautiful Bonnie...love the rich colours you added.
xx Karen

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my, now I want pie!! Bonnie, these are so pretty!! Those blackberries look as if I could pop one right off the card, into my mouth!
=]

JosieD said...

When I saw the card with the raspberries, my immediate thought was "I love this image strip design". Then I read that it resulted from a boo boo! Bottom line is your creative skills can fix anything and make it better. You are my heroine....smiles.

oldpunca said...

With adjusting background color with the color of berries it looks like you've used two completely different stamps. :-) Berries are perfectly colored. You've created two fantastic cards.
Hugs, Sonja

Pat said...

Two beautiful looks using this stamp Bonnie, and perfect in both guises, as blackberries and then raspberries and two different complementary colours of card which look just great. x

Brenda in IN said...

Isn't it wonderful how just changing colors can alter the whole stamp! Both of these are so pretty and I like the card stock colors to match. I have both of these berries in my fridge right now!

Mac Mable said...

Great salvage on your beautiful raspberry card and the deep purple card base with the subtle embossing looks so elegant on your blackberry card. It looks like a little juice has fallen from the blackberries onto your sentiment and I like it x.

Bobby said...

Those berries look fabulous, Bonnie, whether black or rasp. ;)

Susan said...

Great use of the same stamp to portray raspberries and blackberries! Love the two different layouts!

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these cards look FABULOUS Bonnie! Red raspberries are one of my favorite fruits too, and when our girls were young, they used to pick wild blackberries for me down at the end of our street, and I'd make jam with them...yummmmm!! Great way to get extra mileage out of this stamp by using the 2 different colors and I really like both your designs too! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! :0)

Trina P. said...

Brilliant use of the stamp as raspberries and blackberries. Beautiful twofers.

Anita in France said...

Such a lovely, dreamy image, Bonnie ... whether as blackberries or as raspberries (one of my favourite fruits too!), they're gorgeous! Love how the rich background colours on both cards mimic the fruits ... makes them positively mouthwatering! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Loll said...

Sweet! :) Your berries look delicious Bonnie! I love how you've paired them with colourful card bases that match the fruits. Beautifully designed as always, my friend! xx

Brenda said...

Well now, I love both of these kinds of berry's and your beautifully design cards Bonnie! The stamp you used is amazing, makes me hungry for some raspberries and blackberry's. lol I'm sorry you infected your second card, but it is a happy mistake because I love the narrow panel! To bad the camera didn't pick up the embossing, I bet it is beautiful IRL. Loving the first card too, that watery look of your water color is so pretty. I thought it was my eyes with the sentiment looking a little blurry. lol, but it just gives movement to this beautiful card. Hugs, Brenda

TK said...

LOVE berries, and yours are perfect! So glad you could rescue the second one, because they are wonderful!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Great use of the stamp to make towfers, Bonnie! Both blackberry and raspberry cards are so beautifully colored. The raspberry card makes me feel like making a card using Rich Razzleberry cardstock which I haven't used for a long time. :-)
Hideko xx

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous berries, Bonnie! I love how you created both blackberries and raspberries! I love the look you achieved with those Distress markers on your blackberries - there's so much depth! So glad you could salvage the raspberry part of the panel for your beautiful thank you card! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

BożenA said...

I love your work with watercolor, Bonnie. These branches look stunning. Two beautiful cards
xx