Saturday, February 15, 2020

More Red and Black for CAS Mix Up Reminder

Hello there.  I'm glad you popped in today.


There's still time to join in with Marcia's challenge at

I treated myself to the Hero Arts Monthly Kit last month and
used some of those gorgeous flower dies for this card.

I wanted intense color so I cut the blooms from watercolor paper, wet the
flowers heads and dropped some liquid watercolor on them.

I used a Distress Marker on the stems and added some water.

When the flowers were dry, I added some sparkle to them.
Boy do they shimmer in the light!

Be sure to check out the fantastic cards our Design Team has done
for your inspiration.

I hope you'll have some fun with red and black watercolor and join us at


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps: Many Everyday Messages (HA)
Ink:   Whisper White, Brushed Corduroy (DM)
Paper:   Neenah, Watercolor (Strathmore 400 Series), Basic Black
Other:  Monthly Hero January Dies (HA), Liquid Watercolor (Pinkfresh), White EP, Spectrum Noir Crystal Clear Sparkle


14 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love this one too! I think I might need to case this layout:)

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Bonnie, your red watercolouring looks fabulous on the die cut flowers - I can imagine the shimmer is gorgeous and finished off with the little black bow and black sentiment strip too, hugs Robyn

Nstiz said...

What got my attention on this gorgeous card is your rich, red color! Wow, love this! If you used liquid watercolor it’s amazing that the lines show defining the petals. This is amazing, Bonnie! Love the black banner for the sentiment!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...that is some deep, red color on those roses and I'm loving it Bonnie!! So CAS and perfect...bet the sparkle is amazing!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Brenda said...

One can't go wrong with a color combo of red and black! It is a color combo that gives off such elegance with a touch of sexy. Loving your beautiful card. Those blooms are so vibrant and sparkly, love them! Your black bow and black sentiment finishes it off perfectly. Hugs, Brenda

Brenda in IN said...

The water color gave such beautiful, deep color to the blooms and I can see the shine on them. This is lovely.

Christine Alexander said...

wow that card certainly pops off the screen. Love the layout and the colour combo. I need to pull out my red and black for the challenge :)

Bobby said...

Love the bright red, Bonnie.

jimlynn said...

CAS and so beautiful!
Lynn

Loll said...

Those blooms are the most gorgeous and vibrant red. Love the shimmer and sparkle! Beautiful against your white background with your contrasting black sentiment banner. This is one amazing card, my friend! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is stunning, Bonnie!
The gorgeous red flowers with beautiful shimmer are amazing!
The big open white space and the black sentiment strip complement the flowers so well.
Hideko xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous, elegant and so rich looking....well done.
xx Karen

Mac Mable said...

Love the vibrancy of the flowers and the extra sparkle make them so beautiful x. A stunner of a card x.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. You definitely achieved the intense red.