Saturday, February 1, 2020

Guest Designing at Penny Black with Love

Hello friends.  I'm glad you stopped by today since I'm
Guest Designing for Penny Black Saturday Challenge.


I used some new to me Penny Black dies and an older, well loved die.

The background is a piece I brought home from our ESCR retreat last May.
We sprinkled Lindy's Magicals powders on Yupo paper and sprayed.
We all left our pieces to dry overnight. I was very happy with the results and
had been hoarding them.  I love how the Yupo background peeks
through this elegant die cut!

I die cut the four largest Heart Charm Dies and embossed them with my Subtle Folder
then stacked them up.

The Penny Black Saturday Challenge is
'ANYTHING GOES': OPTIONAL 'LOVE IS IN THE AIR'


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah, Yupo
Other:  Lindy's Magicals, Heart Charms Dies (PB), Cut and Stitch Circle Die (PB), Heartflet Die (PB), Subtle EF (SU)


16 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh how stunning is this Bonnie - that die cut is stunning, and I love the coloured yupo peeking through.
Blessings
Maxine

Pat said...

This is a stunning die Bonnie and the layered hearts in the middle look great against that pretty Magicals background. A fabulous card. x

jimlynn said...

Beautiful way to use that die. Love the layered hearts in the center.
Lynn

Mac Mable said...

I have never tried Lindy magicals on yupo Bonnie so that's now on my to do list....Thank you for the inspiration. What a beautiful card with a fabulous design and wow to those die cuts. Many congratulations on guesting too Bonnie x.

BożenA said...

This is a beautiful GD card for Penny Black. The background is great, I like local pigment buildup. It perfectly emphasizes the shape of the die and all its details.
BożenA xx

Loll said...

So very pretty Bonnie. I love that gorgeous die with scoring. And the magicals are such a gorgeous colours. Love that sweet rose! I still have lots of pieces from last May's retreat. Not long before we are together again making more! :) xx

Susan said...

I bet you're glad you saved that piece of Magicals background till now - it's perfect for a valentine card! Great idea to use the Subtle embossing folder on the hearts to give a bit of texture - must remember to use it that way!

Jo said...

Well this is special. Love the delicacy of this die, and that powder on Yupo gives such interesting nuances. The embellishment keeps this card soft and beautiful. "love" xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Bonnie, that's the perfect background for your card. I love the addition of the rose :)

Sue from Oregon said...

That stitched die is really eye catching with its pretty scrolls! Lovely creation! ♥ Sue Kment

Helen said...

This is so pretty Bonnie!
Thanks so much for guest designing for us again this month!
Helen x

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful design, beautiful die cuts, and beautiful Lindy's colors, Bonnie! The white-on-white sentiment die-cut and the embossing folder's pattern are subtle and effective.
Hideko xx

TK said...

Beautiful, Bonnie, your magicals are just that and the die is stunning!

Brenda said...

Oh Bonnie, this is just beautiful! I do love that die and the beautiful red yupo paper peeking out. Those stack hearts are perfect for in the center and love the little rose on top. Sweet! Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

This is stunning, Bonnie.

Trina P. said...

How adorable. Congrats on GD! 🎉🎉🎉