Friday, July 17, 2020

Flower Garden Fun

Hi there.  I'm glad you stopped by!

How are your flowers growing?
Outside, ours are cooking! Not good for flowers.

Inside though, blooming continues.


I enjoyed the Print Making technique so much that I tried it again

I used a set of stamps and dies that I've had for ages and have not used
nearly enough.

I die cut the flower heads and stems from watercolor paper and
colored them with Zigs and a waterbrush letting the overwash add color to 
another piece of watercolor paper.  

While the pieces were still wet and inky, I pressed them onto the
background piece to add even more color.

Then I practiced patience and let everything dry.  The hardest part!

Once dry, I placed the piece I'd cut the flower heads from in the MISTI 
and tucked the stamps into the holes left behind.

I wasn't exact, but close enough to get some details on the flowers.

This time I added some stamped script in the background. To keep it light,
I stamped off on a piece of scrap paper first.


On the second card I also stamped a fern in the background, using the same
technique as with the script.

I also used black as Kathy Racoosin suggested on Day 7 of her
30 Day Coloring Challenge.  I took a safer route and used watercolor
pencils instead of markers to add the black.

This card makes me think of Bette Midler.  It's much better
"From a Distance".  The shading does give the impression of dimension.


Challenges:
30 Day Coloring Challenge - Color every day
The Flower Challenge #46 - Summer/Winter Flowers

  



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Flower Garden (TH), French Script (Darkroom Door)
Ink:   Archival Shadow Gray, Sahara Sand (SU)
Paper:   Watercolor (Arches CP), Naturals Ivory (ret. SU), Milk Chocolate (MFT)
Other:  Flower Garden/Mini Garden  Bouquet Dies (TH), Flower Stem #1 (TH), Double Pierced Rectangles Die (AE), Zig CCRBM (51 Lemon Yellow, 50 Yellow, 52 Bright Yellow, 44 Deep Green, 60 Brown)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Flower Garden (TH), French Script (DD), Meadow Greens (PTI), Happy Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Archival Shadow Gray, Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, Basic Black (SU)
Paper:   Watercolor (Arches CP), Old Olive (SU), Neenah Natural
Other:  Flower Garden/Mini Garden Bouquet Dies (TH), Flower Stems #1 Die (TH), Zigs CCRBM (81 Lt Violet, 82 Purple, 46 Mid Green, 60 Brown, 62 Dk Brown) Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencil (Black), White EP

23 comments:

Pat said...

I think they are both blooming gorgeous Bonnie..sorry for the pun..lol. I love the coneflower and a great idea to reink to add the detail on to the flower after colouring, and the second flower looks great with the black shading and both in such beautiful bright colours, and the print making technique with the bits of script look great on both cards. x

Loll said...

WOW! Both your cards are STUNNING Bonnie! Love the print making technique that looks amazing on both cards. The subtle script adds another layer of goodness. And love the black added to your flowers. It really does give them lots of dimension. xx

Colleen said...

OMG, these are so stunning Bonnie! I can't pick a favorite because they are both equally amazing, love that technique which I now have to try! And I am so glad you had a happy birthday friend and you got the card in time! Heart Hugs and have a lovely weekend! (It's going to start cooking up here in the Pacific Northwest too in the coming 5 days!)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with the print-making coloring, Bonnie!! It's kinda addictive! Just love the flower diecuts you used - they made for beautiful prints!!

kiwimeskreations said...

The addition of the stamping and script to the backgrounds takes these cards to another level Bonnie - gorgeous work
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

You've nailed this technique, Bonnie! LOve the addition of the script, and both blooms are gorgeous!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!!! These are both absolutely GORGEOUS Bonnie! I definitely must try this technique again! I just love how soft and ethereal your backgrounds look...sooo pretty! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Trina P. said...

Whoa! These are both equally GORGEOUS! You are mastering this technique brilliantly! Love the script background. Amazing and aweinspiring my friend.

marilyn said...

Love these flowers and cards! Great technique and so glad you posted these...thank you!

Sandy said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie - The second card is a blue ribbon winner for sure!
Sandy xx

Christine Alexander said...

OMG so amazing, I really need to try this. I so love the soft print then the pop of the image :)

TK said...

Practice is making perfect! These are wonderful, Bonnie, and I love that you went back and added detail to the second flower. Both are gorgeous, and I'm loving the 2nd gen text stamping too

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are stunning, Bonnie! I was lucky to get a sneak peek of them, but reading the details helps me appreciate the beauty more. I was wondering how you blended the stamped script into the background colors so well, and now I know that you did a 2nd generation stamping. The light script keeps the yellow and pink flowers the main focuses and adds so much interest. Love the way you grounded the cone flower and the fern using the thin black strips!
Hideko xx

nancy littrell said...

OMG...Stunning watercolored die cut flowers and and print backgrounds with additional stamped off backgrounds, Bonnie. Your flowers look like impressions of real flowers instead of die cut and watercolored flowers...Amazing technique that you have mastered. This technique is still on my wishlist. Thank you again for the inspiration, my friend. Stay Safe and Creative!!! Love and Hugs..Nancy

Mac Mable said...

Blooming gorgeous they are Bonnie. Stunning, pretty and I love them x. Fabulous technique and so very unique x.

Robyn Oliver said...

These two cards are just wonderful Bonnie - their bright colours caught my eye, teamed with the subtle backgrounds and die cut leaves the fussy cut flowers have real dimension...stay safe Robyn

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, stop, please! This is more beauty than my eyes can handle. Seriously, I'm agog. I'd like to look into this technique, but don't know if I could ever do anything so gorgeous.

Nstiz said...

WOW!!! ; Tried this with results no where near this. Your coloring blew me away on both. On the second card I SWORE you cut layers on that flower. That is amazing, Bonnie! Outstanding work!

JoAnn said...

Wow, gorgeous cards. The backgrounds are amazing as the pretty flowers. You have mastered this technique really well. Love your cards.

Bobby said...

I have that TH flower and it's been a long time since I've used mine too, Bonnie. I love it with the print in the background. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

BożenA said...

This technique is amazing. I've already tried it, but I'm far from the beauty of your cards. Thank you for showing us this technique, the backgrounds are stunning.
xx

Jo said...

What fun matching backgrounds for each bloom, beautifully coloured. Your watercolouring is very special on these beauties. Lovely!

Bobby said...

I love these, Bonnie! I have that set and haven't used it in a awhile either. Unfortunately it isn't with me here at the lake but I've saved your wonderful card to inspire me this Fall when I have my full stash of stamps.