Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Toucan CAS(E) this Sketch

Hi there.  I'm glad you stopped by!


When I saw the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch...
I immediately thought of my NBUS Toucan Bundle.

I just happened to have a stenciled background sitting on my desk.

It seemed they were made for each other and the challenge too.

I stamped the body, then die cut the bird.  The die cuts the whole bird.

I place the cut into my MISTI and positioned the stamp for the large part of the 
beak, and colored it with Distress Markers.  Then I did the same for the end
of the beak.  It took a couple tries to get the beak somewhat right.
The first one fit well behind to give this guy a little more heft.

This looks like a card for Jack so I attached the toucan with a Wobble.

While I was at it, I did another.


For this card, I used a background from my stash that was done with Brushos 
sprinkled andspritzed on a gelli plate.. (I'm glad I wrote on the back how I'd done it.)  
I added some subtle stamping over the background and a die cut of tropical looking leaves.


Challenges:
NBUS #16 - Never Before Used Schtuff





Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe (cars 1)
Stamps:  Toucan Paradise (C9)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Lucky Clover, Mermaid Lagoon, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Cracked Pistachio, Picked Raspberry (DM), Stenciling - Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers (DOX)
Paper:   Neenah, Snippet of Baked Brown Sugar
Other:  Toucan Paradise Dies (C9), Tumbling Leaves Stencil, Sponge Dauber, Action Wobbles (AI)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Toucan Paradise (C9)
Ink:   Pistachio Pudding, Rich Razzleberry (SU), Versafine Onyx Black, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Worn Lipstick, Peacock Feathers (Distress Markers
Paper:   Neenah, Basic Black (SU)
Other:  Toucan Paradise Die (C9), Brusho (Leaf Green Lemon), Gelli Plate, Palm Fancy Die (HA)

20 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two darling toucan cards, Bonnie! Just love your coloring and the fun backgrounds!!

Christine Alexander said...

what a cutie your little toucan is, he really pops against your leafy backgrounds :)

Trina P. said...

Adorable toucan twofers. The leafy backgrounds are perfect.

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous pair of toucans, Bonnie, and I love the pun on the second one!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super tropical cards Bonnie, love the Toucan.
Faith x

I Card Everyone said...

It was destiny, Bonnie! So glad you pulled this guy out of hiding - he's so handsome - and, yes, perfect for our Sketch! Thanks so much for playing cards with us this week!
=]
ps I love those big palm leaves on card 2!!

LeAnne said...

LOVE this toucan...such brilliant colors! Perfect for that sketch!

Brenda in IN said...

His beak is so very cool and colorful. The stenciled background is lovely with the mix of colors. He looks good with his branch on the fern leaf too. Jack will like the wobble, so fun.

Loll said...

So adorable! I LOVE that toucan with his rainbow coloured beak!! Both cards are awesome! Jack will LOVE getting the second card! :) xx

Darnell said...

You must have been so tickled to see that sketch and break out your toucan for it! It's a perfect take, Bon, and adding the bobble will make it so fun for Jack!! Thanks for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

JosieD said...

Such tropical and fun cards!

Marcia Hill said...

Colorful and both are oh so sweet Bonnie! Hugs. :0)

Michelle said...

An a-mazingly beautiful duo...... love, love that C9 toucan (he's just perfect for CTS #382)!!

Mac Mable said...

What a fun toucan and both cards are vibrant and happy. Extra loving the wobble on the first one x.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow wowie wow, I love both of these cards so much! Are you going to make me go shopping again? I may have to stop coming here. Not really, but you have enabled me quite a lot lately. These are fabulous, Bonnie!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both toucan cards are so cute, Bonnie! Love the colorful beak and the fun wobbler surprise. Jack will love the card!
The background of the second card is fantastic! Adding the subtle leaf stamping is a wonderful idea!
Hideko xx

Jo said...

Well isn't this lively and a burst of colour. Her is so CUUUUTE! I love the happy feeling of this card.... these cards ;)
The second is fun and in the perfect setting. Both are beautiful!

Karen Dunbrook said...

awesome cards... love the tropical colours!! well done
xx Karen

Pat said...

I don't know how I missed these beautiful birds Bonnie, but your 'split four' cards today (Sat 8th Aug) mentioned the first of these cards so I had to trawl back as I didn't remember seeing it. I love the stencilled leaves on the first and then the die cut onnes on the second and love the brushos used on the gelli plate for this second version, and both with lovely bright beaks and chest feathers. So cute and pretty! x

BożenA said...

Two beautiful exotic cards. I love them both. The first stencil background looks great, I love mixing colors. The second background looks amazing with color and water work.
Hugs,
BożenA