Wednesday, July 22, 2020

More Stencil Outline

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

This might look familiar to some of you.
Blogger was playing tricks and it published a bit earlier than I expected.
Oops!


My sweet friend Loll, gifted me this lovely stencil recently and I couldn't
wait to have a play with it!

I used my blending brushes and some Distress ink through the stencil,
then used a watercolor pencil with a very sharp point to outline the leaves.

When I was finished, I cut the stenciled piece in half so I could
get two CAS (Clean and Simple) cards.

I die cut this half and used a larger die to emboss the card front.

Some watercolored die cut flowers and a popped up sentiment
finished it off.

The second half....
I added a watercolored die cut and a few die cut leaves.


Challenges:
CAS Mix Up - Stencil Tracing
NBUS #16 - New Stencil

 


About the time I think I've got the new Blogger figured out, something changes.
What is going on?  Different is not always better!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Every Day Sayings (HA)
Ink:   Wow Embossing, Shabby Shutters (DI)
Paper:   Neenah, Black, Watercolor Snippets (Strathmore)
Other:  Tumbling Leaves Stencil (SSS), Caran d'ache Supracolor Soft Pencil (Olive), My Monthly Hero Jan. 2020 Dies, Zig CCRBM (Lt Carmine, Olive), Stitched Rectangle Dies (SSS), White EP, 

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Birthday (Verve)
Inks: Versafine Onyx Black, Shabby Shutters (DI)
Paper:  Neenah, Pear Pizzaz, Watercolor (Strathmore)
Other:  Tumbling Leaves Stencil (SSS), Magical Butterfly (AR), Grand Greenery Dies (MFT)


21 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Two gorgeous cards. Hugs Mrs A.

Betty said...

love your cards, Bonnie - have been trying to do the stencil tracing with a very fine point pen with no success - maybe i'll try your pencil method

Marcia Hill said...

Both are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie and I have that stencil, so think I need to try the tracing technique with this one too! If only I had enough hours to try every thing I want to!! Love the idea of using a colored pencil to do the tracing with too! Thanks for sharing such beautiful inspiration today my friend! :0)

HilaryJane said...

Lovely stencilling and the outlining adds definition without making it too bold, very clever xx

Brenda in IN said...

Both are so gorgeous. I love that you got two cards from that and love them both.

Leslie Miller said...

Yup, this popped up in my Feedly a few days ago and I've waited for the chance to tell you how much I adore these two beautiful cards. Gorgeous stencil that made such lovely botanical backgrounds for your CAS cards.

nancy littrell said...

OMG...Two Stunning stencil traced leaves with your Gorgoeus die cut images, Bonnie. I loved how you traced your leaves with a sharp watercolor pencil. It gave your leaves a clean, crisp look. Adding the die cut Flower and butterfly and narrow framing were CAS perfection, my friend. So pleased you played along again. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

WOW! Two amazing cards with this stencil, Bonnie! I love it done with shabby shutters ink. Your first card is amazing with the beautiful watercoloured flower and leaves, and accents of black. The second card has that pretty butterfly. I love the added design with the die-cut leaves peeking out from the main panel. xx

JosieD said...

Two lovely cards, Bonnie! Like others, gonna try your tracing with a watercolor pencil idea (why didn't I think of that!!)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful, Beautiful cards Bonnie.
Faith x

I Card Everyone said...

Since I'm expected our first butterfly of the 2020 season to 'bloom' today, I have to say card 2 is my favorite, Bonnie... but what a gorgeous stencil to trace.
Is anybody else thinking this is how stamps came to be? lol
=]

JoAnn said...

Both cards are so pretty. Love your stencil tracing and how you used it to make two beautiful cards. I have yet to try this, but need to get it done.

Jo said...

This tone on tone stencil outlining really is eye catching. Love them both, blooms and flutters are my fave. ...you stole my heart xx

TK said...

These are FANTASTIC, Bonnie! I love the stencil, but your pairings are perfect too! Great score from Loll!

Heather said...

I love the effect of the stencilled background, it looks wonderful behind your feature elements.

Linda said...

Two stunning cards Bonnie, such a pretty stencil design. I love the colour of the leaves and the added die cuts make both cards really special.
Thank you for the beautiful card I received from you today .... you're so thoughtful xx

Mac Mable said...

What a lovely gift from Loll. The stencilled background look fabulous for the pretty flower on the first card and the contemporary and fabulous butterfly on the seocnd x. Always great to get two CAS cards from the one stencil x.

Trina P. said...

I have this stencil too, but haven’t use it yet. It makes for a beautiful backdrop for your bright and vibrant die-cuts. Fabulous twofers.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fabulous stencil tracing effect, Bonnie! I admire your patience of tracing all those leaves one by one! The leaves make a wonderful background for the pretty flower and the beautiful butterfly. I love the designs and the colors of both cards! It's a wonderful idea to place the die-cut leaves off the frame, echoing the stenciled leaves!
Hideko xx

Susan said...

Love the way you got a beautiful tone on tone effect with yourb blending and the watercolour pencil. Lovely butterfly and lovely bit of die cut leaves behind the focal panel.

BożenA said...

Amazing designs. I love the image obtained by stenciling, it is a beautiful background for both projects. I love the flower on the first card, but the butterfly on the second card is just delightful. A beautiful composition of colors and a great complement to the card thanks to these cut leaves
xx